Personal Hotspot Sends GPS Data to Wi-Fi iPad?

Personal Hotspot Sends GPS Data to Wi-Fi iPad?

Jompao - March 17, 2011 at 5:52am
So a pretty useless function as it willnot work with turn by turn navigation. You still need RoqyBT and a separate BT GPS receiver for that. Hopefully we will see a Cydia app that can provide the realtime GPS information from iPhone to iPad soon.
Jared - March 16, 2011 at 2:53pm
MyWi has been doing this all along! This is no miracle!
Jon - March 16, 2011 at 2:09pm
What an idiot......of course is getting trace from the 3g tower that is feeding the iphone 4.......this is called triangulation cell site system.....any wireless network engineer knows that. Same thing happen if you do it with the wifi at home......google maps trace and make the triangulation from the internet company IP and location.............don\'t tell me you were thinking.....A MAGICAL IPAD2,,,,,,JA,JA....I-DUMB.
Derek - March 16, 2011 at 3:54pm
The idiot here is you, who didn\'t read properly. Cell triangulation is not GPS.
Jon - March 16, 2011 at 4:58pm
Listen animal.....I\'m sick and tired of stupid people like you in this site, just typing to say anithing stupid......that has nothing to do with GPS signals since IPAD2 WIFI don\'t have GPS........http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/...........the reason why is getting the location is because of cell triangulation from the cell towel.......google map just determine you locations thanks to this triangulation system.........but of course I\'m waisting my time with you......you don\'t have a minimal clue about it!!!!!
Pain Reaper - March 16, 2011 at 5:47pm
Getting it that accurate on the road is BS with only cellular triangulation.. The iPhone (4 in this case) has GPS and uses that and then send the GPS coordinates to the iPad.. Did you mite the video or something..? Even if so it\'s not hard to figure it out on your own.. Bloody 12 year old kids like you should be banned from commenting on the web..
paul - March 16, 2011 at 5:47pm
The point is, cell triangulation or GPS (whatever) is being transfered from the iphone to a wifi only ipad. Not a miracle, just an observation. Don\'t get your panties in a bunch.
Eduardo - March 16, 2011 at 12:56pm
YES! this will save me $130! which i can use to get a 64Gb instead!
Eduardo - March 21, 2011 at 5:59pm
I tried this with my iPhone 4 and an original iPad, in South Africa, it didn\'t pick up any gps information at all on the ipad.
Mvakleko - March 16, 2011 at 12:48pm
I\'m sure Cydia/jailbreak devs will step up 2 the challenge and show us the way its supposed to be :)