December 4, 2022
How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 4 (Mac) [5.0.1]

How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 4 (Mac) [5.0.1]

Posted December 27, 2011 at 12:10pm · 63 comments · Add Comment
Tiffany
Tiffany - April 24, 2012 at 12:46pm
Hi I'm getting ready to try this jailbreak on an iPhone 4 running 5.0.1. I just wanted to know if any of the problems have been fixed before I do so. I read all the previous comments and there seemed to be quite a few bugs. Have they been fixed and is it ok to try this jailbreak. I'm having issues with my old jailbreak. How do I remove that one so that I can jailbreak with this one. Thank you Tiffany
Vee
Vee - April 3, 2012 at 11:58am
I have jailbroke my phone a week ago and yesterday begin noticing that my text messages wasn't popping up in the conversation as they did before, I had to close it out and then reopen. Now My phone won't access the Cydia app, my emails or allow me access to the web. If possible can someone please assist me with this
weberic3
weberic3 - March 20, 2012 at 10:04pm
Hi, quick question about the tutorial link for the custom IPSW (for unlocking). That link says the jailbreak without BB upgrade would be tethered, but this tutorial here says the unlock will be untethered. I'm about to buy a 4 on ios 4.0 and bb 1.59 and i'm trying to figure out how much i should upgrade the software\firmware to. thanks!
weberic3
weberic3 - March 20, 2012 at 10:11pm
sorry for the double post (did i say I'm a newb?!)
Eric
Eric - March 20, 2012 at 2:49am
Hi, quick question about the tutorial link for the custom IPSW (for unlocking). That link says the jailbreak without BB upgrade would be tethered, but this tutorial says the unlock will be untethered. I'm about to buy a 4 on ios 4.0 and bb 1.59 and i'm trying to figure out how much i should upgrade the software\firmware to. thanks!
Beto
Beto - January 22, 2012 at 4:32am
HI there! I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5.0.1 and jailbreaked and Unlockedit with redsn0w. This iPhone has the 01.59.00 BR. I don't know if this is a problem with Ultrasn0w or where but: I don't get the 3G network working. The 3G network also doesn't allow me to send MMS, broken Voice Mail shortcut, 3G data not working and any service related with it, like: FaceTime, iMesssage, Find my iPhone, etc. Everything else works fine. I changed the SIM card, I reinstalled everything again and nothing happens. I don't know what I'. doing wrong. Any advice?? Cheers
Rico
Rico - January 12, 2012 at 2:29pm
This Working fine.. that.. my iPhone with iOS 5.0.1 is untethered jailbreak now.. without any error.. Thanks
xMomoirox
xMomoirox - January 5, 2012 at 11:58am
iPhone 4 - Updated to iOS5 using iTunes 10.5, firmware is 4.11.08 and jailbroken using RedSn0w. Encountering problems with apps crashing. I practically cant utilize my phone. I would appreciate if anyone could help me fix this problem. Thank you in advance.
Andrew
Andrew - January 4, 2012 at 8:10pm
Does this jailbreak cause IBooks to not work? My IBooks doesnt work any more.
Taxman Firm
Taxman Firm - January 4, 2012 at 8:31pm
I think so. My ibooks dosent work either.
Andrew
Andrew - January 4, 2012 at 8:36pm
Is there a fix to make IBooks work again?
Paresh
Paresh - January 3, 2012 at 12:28pm
In Steph 9 : if I select "Enable Multitask Guesture" along with "Iinstall Cydia", would it give any problem? Actully I also want to enable multitask Guesture. So just wanted to know that lasted version of redsn0w suppirt this along with jailbreak?
ahmed siyam
ahmed siyam - January 1, 2012 at 3:01pm
i have iphone 4 factory unlocked 8 gb 5.0.1 modem firmware : 04.11.08 will this jailbreak cause to lose anything such as gps or WiFi if i updated the bb ?