How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2 Using Sn0wBreeze (Windows) [5.2]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2 Using Sn0wBreeze (Windows) [5.2]

Rexray - June 6, 2014 at 6:21am
Also, just when I finally "successfully" JB it or so I thought, when I plug it in on the tv, it's just blank. Any idea why or how to fix that? I downgraded to 5.3 and used the latest version of seas0npass. Any idea?
Avi Anconina - June 6, 2014 at 8:46am
It happened to me too, I don't remember if plugging it from the electricity and back on did the trice or to run another jailbreak again
Rexray - June 6, 2014 at 6:16am
Yeah about that, I have a MacBook Pro... :(
Avi Anconina - June 6, 2014 at 6:23am
Beside telling you to ethnic again and again I can't help. I meant season pass as a software
rexray - June 6, 2014 at 5:16am
I have ATV2 720p software 6.1.1 (6698.99.19) to be specific. Do i have to downgrade it first or will it work? I tried it a million times nothin works: the tv was blank, restored it again, tried different method to the latest and it says filesystem failed patcher (something like that) etc. Can you please help me and give me some hope!
Avi Anconina - June 6, 2014 at 5:19am
Try using seasonpass latest virsion, if your devise can be jailbroken it's with this software, good luck
Rexray - June 6, 2014 at 6:12am
Hi thanks for the quick reply. I hav tried using the latest version and it gives me an error filesystem failed (something like that. When you said software, can u clarify what you meant by that? Last time I spent HOURS trying different methods and none have worked and I couldn't sleep that night and every time I close my eyes I see ATV screen. Tomight I took sleeping pills so I won't be a zombie at work lol. Thanks I hope there's another way to do this
DealnAndKilln - March 2, 2014 at 7:49am
Hi, i have an apple tv 2 that is running version 5.2.1 and ive tried using season pass both left clicking on "create ip" and also right clicking and selecting the 5.2.1 version jailbreak. when just left clicking on "create" it does everything up to "compressing ipsw" then says that seasonpass is not compatable. when right clicking on "create ip" and selecting version 5.2.1 it says my apple tv has a different version and won't even start... so i guess i'm asking 1. what is wrong? 2. is there a way to get to version 5.3 from 5.2.1 or 3. am i doing something wrong?
DealnAndKilln - March 2, 2014 at 7:59am
it says "error entering DFU mode: this device is not supported by seasonpass
Avi Anconina - March 2, 2014 at 1:27pm
Not sure you have ATV2 Check the max HD Resolution if it's 1080 than you have ATV3 if it's 720 than you have different problem. Let me know and I'll give you suggestions
DealnAndKilln - March 2, 2014 at 7:13pm
It's 720p It's my friends atv2... I tried to jailbreak it about 8 months ago not knowing he had updated it to 5.2.1 so it just sat around at his house till now... I thought I'd give it another try...
Avi Anconina - March 2, 2014 at 7:31pm
Ok now that we are sure you have atv2. Download the latest seasonpass Upgrade your atv with iTunes to the latest version If the upgrade process goes without any problem than you are in the right track If not try it again entering DFU mode If this doesn't work try snowbreez ireb mode. After it's done and you are on the latest version try seasonpass again Do not disturb the process just follow the instructions If you still have problem try using a computer with the latest iTunes or different computer or diffract cable There are a lot of help in Google and just write the problem there and follow
DealnAndKilln - March 2, 2014 at 8:29pm
thanks for responding, this is the third thread i've commented on. i know my itunes is the latest. if i upgrade my atv2 to the latest version won't it upgrade to 6.0 or 6.1? then id be screwed right? i mean im not a beginner but i'm not completly familiar with the process. i jailbroke mine no problem and installed xbmc also my own version of pandora with unlimited skips.
Avi Anconina - March 2, 2014 at 8:50pm
Even expert get stuck Try my suggestions the new seasonpass does all the work without using iTunes Just upgrade and the seasonpass will downgrade to 5.3 with no problem You already FU with your vision have nothing to loss
spager - February 28, 2014 at 1:58am
I have firmware 5.2 on my atv2. Can I upgrade to 5.3 or higher with an untethered jailbreak? If so how? TIA
Avi Anconina - February 28, 2014 at 7:10am
Yes you can, just use the latest seasonpass it will install firmware 5.3 and jailbreak it. untethered off course (use the seasonpass 5.2 manual) Best luck Avi
spager - February 28, 2014 at 9:37pm
Thanks for the help. Are we for certain that I can upgrade I do not want to be on 6.1.4 with no way back. Also can you give me a link for the step by step instructions for my upgrade jailbreak. Again Thanks
Avi Anconina - March 1, 2014 at 6:36am
In this site go to t than atv the second option is for win the third is for Mac m.iclarified.com/entry/index2.php?enid=23808 this is for win You can google your wat to check if the 5.3 is still working How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Windows) [5.2] I think it is working
Munawwar Sabri - October 2, 2013 at 1:08pm
Dear All, Can anybody help me in jailbreaking appleTV 5.2.1 and Apple TV 5.2.2.
Ancoavi - October 2, 2013 at 1:36pm
It's the same process as mentioned here Make sure you keep the signature first for each atv You can try to use seasonpass too
Cajun_Foots - January 3, 2014 at 7:39am
Jailbreak your device with Seas0npass ( the latest version as of this writing) which is a tethered jailbreak. Once you have done that, install NiTO TV on the ATV2. It is through NiToTV that you will have the option to untether your device, by just installing it on your device. To prove that it truly is untethered, unplug your device and plug it back in. It should boot up back by itself. Be patient!
Mikey1972 - June 28, 2013 at 1:47pm
Hi guys - sorry if this question has been answered - going on 2 hours now without finding an answer, anyway - I know you can't downgrade to 5.2 from 5.3, but can you upgrade to 5.2 from previous versions now that 5.3 is out? Or are we stuck with upgrading to 5.3 then downgrading to 4.4.2? Another question, can you upgrade to 5.2 from 4.4.2 if you downgraded to 4.4.2 from 5.3 because (I) was an idiot and wasn't aware 5.3 was out when I restored? :S Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up ! :))
Ancoavi - June 29, 2013 at 8:56am
You can only upgrade or downgrade to ipsw you have signature too or to the latest version If you do notehave shsh signature you can use ifaith to keep your atv current ipsw signature Otherwise you'll have to upgrade to the latest version and wait for full jailbreak on iOS 7
Mikey1972 - June 29, 2013 at 1:02pm
Thanks for the speedy response - I had a feeling I was SOL :S I ended up downgrading/jailbreaking on 4.4.2 (tethered) with few problems, so I'll just use that until the latest OS is jailbreakable. For anyone else stuck on 5.3, try this method out - works for sure ... took me a few attempts to get everything set up properly but works like a charm. http://forum.firecore.com/topic/10197 Best of luck !
ancoavi - June 29, 2013 at 5:11pm
Does'nt the 5.2.1 has tethered jailbreak with seasonpass? have you checked it? I think one of my ATV is jailbroken with seasonpass on this version, check it.
ancoavi - July 3, 2013 at 8:24am
Just was informed that seasonpass support 5.3, Ithink it is tethered but its better than 4.4.2 try it and advise if the prosses ig good and working, thanks
hkmikey - June 25, 2013 at 6:23am
guys im getting and unknow error 11 message,any tips on how to fix this
Ancoavi - June 25, 2013 at 7:26am
Make sure it in DFU mode, use redsnow to pngdfu Make sure your iTunes is update to the latest version You can always use seasonpass too, Read all the information on the other post here you'll see it was already discussed Good luck
Vastrella - April 17, 2013 at 3:04pm
I followed these steps. It works except for the fact that it is not jailbroken! Please help. The ATV 2 has 5.2 on it. NITO inataller and XBMC Wizard both confirm not jailbroken?
Ancoavi - April 17, 2013 at 3:16pm
If at the end of the process iTunes confirm the installation you should get after you start you device nito app If you don't have nito on startup try to run the full process again I had the same issue and it was solved on the second installation Let me know how it worked
Vastrella - April 17, 2013 at 4:04pm
I tried again, first I got a 3194 error, would not let me proceed! I tried again, this time it finished but gave me a 1604 error? I plugged it in and saw the itunes symbol on the TV screen.
Vastrella - April 17, 2013 at 4:20pm
Just to add, the ATV now shows up on my TV, but still not jailbroken?
Ancoavi - April 17, 2013 at 5:28pm
Try another thing Save your shsh with ifaith, this is very simple just google it After that make a custom ipsw with snowbreez ( use the ifaith mode and your shsh file you got from ifaith) Than follow snowbreez instructions after making the custom ipsw and put the dive on ireb mode. Use iTunes to install the custom ipsw You should get the nito icon If you have shsh signature saved with tinyumbella or Cydia you can use the seasonpass too It is very strange you success with the installation but don't have the nito app Try pressing the Manu down button together for 7 seconds until the light flash fast and release them see if you have nito now
Sabri - April 9, 2013 at 3:08pm
Hi Admin,i am using AppleTv2 version 5.2.1. As adviced above i am succesfully completing IREB step.WHile clicking on Apple Tv recovery mode,i am getting error msg that FIRMWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE.Please help me into this.
ancoavi - April 9, 2013 at 5:54pm
you cant jailbreak os 5.2.1 you'll have to wait for new jailbreak and i think it will take a few months untill it arrives. if you have SHSH blob for privios os you can try snowbreeze or seasonpass if not you'll have to wait sorry for the bad news you can check for shsh on tinyumbrela ot ifaith
Sabri - April 9, 2013 at 7:10pm
Hi, thanks for your information. Can I downgrade it n do jailbreak? If yes then what's the process of downgrading , I am sorry but I am new into this , please I need detailed information of downgrading . Thanks
Ancoavi - April 10, 2013 at 3:30am
As mention before, yes you can downgrade,but! You'll need to check if you have shsh blob, you can do it with ifaith/tiny umbrella/redsnow You'll have to learn how to check for those, many guides on google. If you don't have saved shsh you have nothing to do. If you have : Ifaith shsh- use snowbreez to downgrade Tinyumbrella or redsnow shsh- use season pass to downgrade Again there are many manuals an methods to do so. You'll have to learn the system of jailbreak you have to know that there can be so many errors but you'll have to master them all Good luck
ancoavi - April 10, 2013 at 2:42pm
UPDATE there is a tethrered jailbreak fo OS 5.2.1. avilble with seasonpass check it