October 7, 2022
Microsoft Sends Out Giampaolo To Buy a PC [Video]

Microsoft Sends Out Giampaolo To Buy a PC [Video]

Posted April 4, 2009 at 5:04pm · 14 comments · Add Comment
K.A.
K.A. - April 6, 2009 at 1:31pm
They should just start calling this Micro. Ads: "I'm a HP laptop because it was payed for free"
K.A.
K.A. - April 6, 2009 at 1:23pm
The only reason I see people not choosing Apple nowadays is because they aren't sure they'll know how to use the operating system. I switched years ago and I've yet to see one negative affect. I never have to worry about my computer not working, every software program I need runs on mac, and it is so much easier to use. And I totally agree about Mac's with lower specs running par with HP's for example that have higher specs. And it's so fun when I'm doing work at the library and people walk by and say 'You have a mac! I'm so glad I decided to get a Mac' Microsoft execs are scared.
newrobo
newrobo - April 6, 2009 at 4:43am
macs may be good n all.... but i'd take a free $1500 PC any day over it =) my biggest gripe about this--why only get the $1099 laptop?!? i wish it was me, i go to that Fry's Electronics all the time too (this is the Costa Mesa,CA location i believe)
rick
rick - April 5, 2009 at 8:36am
come on people if microsoft tells you to find a computer and that they will pay for it under $1500 you will all take a sh1t on the macbooks because of their prices. plus think about it they are actually giving you the choice of getting a free laptop to be in a commercial . specially how things are rigth now. a good mac will cost well over $2500 with the same specifications of a pc for under $1500 . s what they charging you $1000 for the aluminum case? macs get viruses too .. i have both pc and mac yes mac its awsome but too pricey . pc its not bad and u find million more programs for pc that u dont find for macs.
Dev
Dev - April 5, 2009 at 11:53am
Specifications mean jack-sh*t when you are comparing a PC to a Mac, you could pick up a macbook with 2GB of ram and and it would run just as smooth IF not smoother than a PC with 4GB of ram. Yes, the price is steep, but you are paying for a quality computer that will still run like new 2 years down the road.
Frank
Frank - April 5, 2009 at 5:06pm
Couldn't agree more. I do have both and my Mac beats the hell out of the PC. And do not forget about 'the total cost of ownership': after you add up all the additional software you need for both the Mac and the PC, you end up paying a lot more for the PC software.
K. A.
K. A. - April 6, 2009 at 1:16pm
Same here. Me and my friend got our laptops at the same time: Me mac, him HP. Not a day goes by that I don't here him griping about how he can't wait to get a new computer and ditch his piece of crap.
demesne
demesne - April 5, 2009 at 5:46am
I'm not a huge PC fan... But when it comes to the price of a mac .. well it really is the painpoint and that is what microsoft is targetting. But I don't get the point of the ad coming from microsoft .. it should be comming from HP :D
nikhil
nikhil - April 5, 2009 at 4:31am
ok first off look at the quality of apple products, when you turn on a mac for the first time you get a warm welcome, when you turn on your pc,, what do you get... welcome please select your drivers... PC users want to get the most so the manufactures i.e. HP throw everything in it... well with mac they do the same but take time into it, like their aluminum macbook, they thought about the environment, and i must say it is one strong laptop.
Noel
Noel - April 5, 2009 at 2:29am
Tech savvy is he!! well hope he has some good virus software running hogging all that perceived extra processing power!
Dev
Dev - April 5, 2009 at 12:44am
You cant tell me thats not a paid actor, when he's spewing out lines like "apple to me is about aestetics". These commercials are weak, anyone who has had both a PC and a Mac will tell you that they prefer the Mac hands-down. Whatever, I hope he enjoys his, soon to be, paperweight.
Laoman
Laoman - April 4, 2009 at 9:41pm
We love our Apple products cause the screen never turn to get colours like BLUE!
Cyber Mafia
Cyber Mafia - April 5, 2009 at 3:01am
Cheers!!!!
Fadi saidi
Fadi saidi - April 6, 2009 at 12:48pm
Ok so I just got a macbook 13" white. In the begining I hate it because I didn't know how to work it. But after a week I can use it better than my Acer laptop running XP. I have to say that although I love my MacBook there are few thing that I still love about my PC. For example I love the start bar at the bottom because I can switch to different application quicky. I have spaces setup on my mac book so I can switch to different applications but it is still not as easy. I truly hate the track pad sensetivity and the fact that there is nothing I can do about it, but I love the functionality of the trackpad because it eliminate the use of the keyboard when browsing the Internet. So I would say that Osx is a well designed and structured OS but it well never make me avoid Windows for the rest of my life. I am reasonable human and I like mac and pc.