February 27, 2024
How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w
Comments

Posted November 28, 2010 at 11:55pm · 1241 comments · Add Comment
georgi
georgi - May 17, 2017 at 1:37pm
and for me doesn't work
soly dolyinh
soly dolyinh - August 28, 2016 at 2:54pm
sorry i am still locked it all worked fine except the part where i check it do i have to restart no service iphone 4 04.12.09
Dragec
Dragec - March 28, 2016 at 3:56am
I finally made it on an iPhone 3G, 4.2.1, 5.15.04!!! Thanx for the tutorials, although they contain only bits of information, and if you get stuck anywhere you'll have to google further. To succeed, I used redsn0w v. 0.9.14b2, not the latest one (the latest one will give you faulty baseband after downgrade with no wi-fi, bluetooth or IMEI, and you will have to start all over again). After upgrading the baseband to 6.15.00, I got stuck on apple logo (bricked phone). To bypass this, you need to download, and Select IPSW iOS 4.1 (not 4.2.1), and use "Just boot" option. After the phone boots, it will be buggy (the screen), but it will become alive again. Check if the baseband is 6.15.00. If yes, proceed to Jailbreak in redsn0w (this time using 4.2.1 IPSW), and tick the boxes Install Cydia, and Downgrade baseband. After it is done, you will have an iPhone with baseband 5.13.04, which you can unlock with ultrasn0w, but (most probably) with "No service" bug. To resolve this, follow the tutorial concerning this matter, and voila! iPhone unlocked. This procedure felt like walking through thick bushes...
H1uam
H1uam - October 27, 2014 at 5:18pm
Great instructions, best I had found as others I tried took me hours and did not work. Many thanks
jaykay
jaykay - October 20, 2014 at 1:55am
how to unlock you iPhone just go on your iCloud account on a computer go to finder click devices click the device logged in to your iCloud click listed then put new pass code then got to your iPhone put in new pass code. your phone will ask for iCloud or apple id then put the pass code in that then the iPhone will be unlocked
ribas
ribas - July 9, 2014 at 9:05pm
nao funcionou, fiz como foi ensinado. did not work, as I was taught.
bob
bob - June 9, 2014 at 2:42pm
Nope, still "searching". :(
iuhoosiers
iuhoosiers - June 11, 2014 at 12:51am
I get the same message... "Searching..."
Huy
Huy - June 6, 2014 at 12:54pm
Cam on ban rat nhieu
rosh72
rosh72 - April 27, 2014 at 2:42pm
how to unlock iphone 4 32 gb ios 5.1.1 baseband 4.12.01 japansoft carrier
dundas
dundas - April 18, 2014 at 11:59pm
I can't seem to figure out how to unlock my phone. I have 3gs with 6.1.6 modern firmware 5.16.08 I have jailbreak with redsn0w Installed Ultrasn0w I am stuck on "No service" Ive tried so many things I cant figure it out.
Riz
Riz - May 28, 2014 at 5:06pm
I am also having the same problem, were you able to fix it ? if yes, how ?
guhgyg gygfjgfbh
guhgyg gygfjgfbh - January 25, 2015 at 9:40pm
hola.
huy0979
huy0979 - March 6, 2014 at 1:13pm
Does this work on a Iphone4s?
Leandro Salazar
Leandro Salazar - March 8, 2014 at 10:30pm
no, this metod doesn't work for iphone 4s.....
Logan
Logan - March 5, 2014 at 5:05pm
iPhone 3GS Version: 6.1.6 Modem firmware: 06.15 Install cydia ultrasn0w install finish... No service... How? Please help?
nomad
nomad - March 7, 2014 at 9:13pm
uninstall ultrasn0w, use redsn0w to downgrade from ipad baseband, that should bring you to baseband 5.13.0 or something like that, then install ultrasn0w again, good luck
nomad
nomad - March 8, 2014 at 11:13pm
correction : that should bring you to baseband 5.13.04 , i just tried it today
yrubin07
yrubin07 - April 29, 2014 at 7:42am
@nomad I tried downgrading and it gets stuck on the white text on screen part doesn't even get to flashing baseband
yrubin07
yrubin07 - April 29, 2014 at 7:59am
iphony
iphony - October 21, 2014 at 5:52pm
That worked for me on 3GS 6.1.6. From the beginning if I remember correctly, 1. redsn0w: uncheck Cydia and everything else, check upgrade to ipad baseband 2. Repeat redsn0w, this time with: check Cydia, check downgrade baseband. Now you have tethered boot 3. In redsn0w: Just boot 3. From Cydia, install p0sixspwn. This makes it untethered boot. 4. From Cydia, add the ultrasn0w repository and then install ultrasn0w. Voila! Service! For me the key step was to start over, then upgrade baseband first and then downgrade baseband. Finally recognized T-mobile sim.
danleygg99
danleygg99 - March 3, 2014 at 3:14pm
Hey guys, want to unlock ATT devices? You can check out ATTiphoneunlocking, its the site i have been using for years to unlock my phone, it works pretty good
Thomas
Thomas - March 1, 2014 at 10:44pm
Just did the jailbreak on my 3G using the iClarified instructions, and included the iPad baseband when I did it. Worked fine, now jailbroken, and shows 06.15.00... but, when I try to run the above, when I click to install Ultrasn0w, I get "the requested modifications cannot be applied due to...' :S
vxr
vxr - February 26, 2014 at 5:33am
my iphone 4 basband is 4.12 how to downgrade to 4.10 ? 1.59 ?
daoshi
daoshi - January 27, 2014 at 6:10am
I have an iPhone 4s with iOS 7.0.4, I cannot down grade to 6.x or 5.x. After I tried the steps suggested, it comes with a message "SIM Not Valid". Anyone suggestion, ot it just doesn't work for 7.0.4? Thanks. Joseph
Duardinho
Duardinho - January 25, 2014 at 5:40pm
Hi all! I've just jailbreaked my iphone and now tried to unlock it because I changed carrier... now, it keeps searching for the carrier and I cannot make any calls... any suggestion? I'm a bit "fresh" on this kind of matters. Thanks all
jag broncano
jag broncano - January 21, 2014 at 5:57am
Thanks you so much..
Jimmy
Jimmy - January 14, 2014 at 5:48pm
Worked at last. Thanks guys. Downgrading my baseband from 6.15 to 5.13.04 did the trick. I have 3Gs and updated it to 6.1.3. with iTunes, JB with redsnow, install Cydia, Ultrasnow, then p0sixspwn for untethered JB. Found everything OK, except it was still SIM locked. Did the baseband downgrade with Redsnow and right away I could call out. Thanks again.
Gaurav
Gaurav - January 11, 2014 at 8:44am
Thanks Iclarified. I got my phone unlocked. Now can i update my phone to ios 6.1.3 (currently on 4.1.1) without getting my phone locked again ?
 Gaurav
Gaurav - January 9, 2014 at 7:08am
i have a second hand iphone 3gs with ios 4.1.1,bt whenever i try to update it to ios 6.1.3,the iphone gets locked...its annoying as i cannot use any apps...please tell me what to do..... thankyou
Ab08
Ab08 - December 22, 2013 at 7:48pm
Does work great on iPhone 3G.Thank you guys!
sarah
sarah - December 13, 2013 at 10:27pm
dose this work for i phone 4 runing on ios 7 in uk
Kunal Kumar
Kunal Kumar - December 11, 2013 at 5:47am
excellent........God bless u all... worked on Iphone 3G..4.2.1...baseband 6.15.00...I watched and did what been told youtube...but YOU are the best...
phoneunlock.ml
phoneunlock.ml - November 19, 2013 at 7:51pm
anyone looking to get theyre phone unlocked? i strongly suggest phoneunlock.ml its FREE :O i couldnt beleive it, i tried it with an old phone and was factory unlocked in minutes, i donated so i would be on top of the waiting list, but yeah thought you should know
Emo zaga
Emo zaga - November 1, 2013 at 3:41pm
Nevermind I got it working thanks alot..
Kwame
Kwame - October 31, 2013 at 2:00pm
Mine gives me a note that "the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed" can you please help me out
Peter
Peter - October 30, 2013 at 9:24am
Thanks Iclarified. It all worked as directed. I was already flipping before I stumbled upon your tutorial on how to downgrade base band 6.15 to 5.13 and install ultasn0w. Thanks again guyz, you are a life saver.
pwiggler
pwiggler - September 22, 2013 at 6:59pm
I have followed this (and many others) tutorial to the letter and I cannot unlock my iphone 3gs. i'm on 6.1.3, baseband 05.13.05, jailbroken ok, cydia installed, sources entered, ultrasnow loaded fine, US fixer installed and it just still says no service and there is no 'carrier' section in settings to check? end of my flippin tether!! please help
JM
JM - October 17, 2013 at 5:23am
I may be wrong, but I don't think ultrasnow works with 6.1.3 yet. That may be your problem. I believe it works on 6.1.2
pwiggler
pwiggler - September 22, 2013 at 6:58pm
pwiggler
pwiggler - September 22, 2013 at 6:58pm
I have followed this (and many others) tutorial to the letter and I cannot unlock my iphone. i'm on 6.1.3, baseband 05.13.05, jailbroken ok, cydia installed, sources entered, ultrasnow loaded fine, US fixer installed and it just still says no service and there is no 'carrier' section in settings to check? end of my flippin tether!! please help
shamim
shamim - September 11, 2013 at 2:24pm
Thanks a lot........worked like a charm
Tj
Tj - September 8, 2013 at 10:41am
exellent
jhun
jhun - September 5, 2013 at 3:33am
hi! is there any way to open line / unlock my I phone4 ver. 4.2.1 w/ bb 03.10.01??? need help...btw I'm from Philippines. thanks
badz97
badz97 - August 29, 2013 at 4:58pm
you guys are amazing thanks you dev-team
Aubry
Aubry - August 23, 2013 at 8:23am
i unlocked mine but not with this method and not the ime method too , i twited things and it worked though i dont know if it will with you and i did it on ios 6.1.3
Mahmoud
Mahmoud - August 27, 2013 at 1:46pm
so can you help me doing mine too ?
machella
machella - July 30, 2013 at 7:00pm
did this and it still keeps searching....
Akushika
Akushika - August 29, 2013 at 4:01pm
Wenas, Ruben, me referia a que timoff3noca creo enentder que tiene el wifi capado solo para usarse con redes wifi de su empresa. Te lo digo xq estuve en andorra i al encontrar una sef1al wifi libre, me intente9 conectar i me salio una ventana diciendome lo de la itinerancia de datos i que posiblemente esa conexion tendria algun coste.
redsubmarine
redsubmarine - July 29, 2013 at 1:36pm
If any of you guys want to unlock phones locked to AT&T, go google attiphoneunlocking, took me about 2 hours to unlock my 5
machellalie
machellalie - July 27, 2013 at 12:36pm
it still gives me no service after searching ? what do I do? I have 06.15.00 and 6.1.3 firmware. I have tried this so many times. I have the ultrasn0w installed erything. its still searching and theng goes into no service
MoDyOsama
MoDyOsama - August 26, 2013 at 2:56pm
try downgrading your baseband :/
Liover
Liover - July 24, 2013 at 6:35am
no me funcioni y segui todo al pie de la letra temgo un iphone 3G q agooo ayudame
Nariel
Nariel - August 26, 2013 at 10:30pm
1) Quality content (blogging): Perhaps the most ianrotmpt element of this entire list. Google has even adjusted itself to not penalize websites that don't know very much about SEO, and subsequently don't follow #2 below, but produce top notch articles. Google is doing a better job of determining the quality of an article, and whether or not the content has been duplicated. You need to have a blog and you need to be using it to produce quality articles at least a few times a month, if not more. Here are some tips for writing quality blog articles for your medical practice.