The iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max display can operate with a refresh rate as low as 1 Hz with a new low-power mode, using improved technology that allows the display to dim the entire Lock Screen. Always-On display also uses multiple coprocessors in the A16 Bionic to refresh the display using minimal power while still showing the time, widgets, and lock screen wallpaper.
The display dims when you lock your device or leave it idle.
Here's how to disable the Always On display...
TURN OFF ALWAYS ON DISPLAY
Tap to open the Settings app from your Home Screen.
Choose Display & Brightness from the Settings menu.
Toggle the Always On switch to the OFF position.
Now when you lock your display the screen will shut off completely. iPhone users can always return to this setting to turn the feature back on.
WHEN ALWAYS ON DISPLAY GOES DARK
To save battery life, the always on display feature will allow your phone to go dark when:
● Your iPhone is lying face down
● Your iPhone is in your pocket or bag
● Sleep Focus is on
● Low Power Mode is on
● Your iPhone is connected to CarPlay
● You're using Continuity Camera
● You haven't used your iPhone for a while (your iPhone learns your activity patterns and turns the display off and on accordingly, including if you set up an alarm or sleep schedule)
● Your iPhone detects that you moved away from it with a paired Apple Watch (Always-On display will turn on when your Apple Watch is close to your iPhone again)
Please download the iClarified app or follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and RSS for more Apple tutorials.