September 29, 2022
Steve Jobs Can't Hold the iPhone 'Right' [Video]

Steve Jobs Can't Hold the iPhone 'Right' [Video]

Posted June 25, 2010 at 10:31am · 21 comments · Add Comment
Ummm.
Ummm. - June 25, 2010 at 10:11pm
I thought you had to hold it like this in order for the reception to die. https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10282 Holding it the way Steve Jobs did doesn't affect the reception. Clearly when he does the demonstrations, he had some
Guilherme
Guilherme - June 25, 2010 at 9:35pm
You cant assume that your customers are idiot. Not gonna buy the new iPhone.
Name
Name - June 25, 2010 at 8:20pm
Hitler is not happy about this: http://vimeo.com/12858526
Oh no you didn\'t
Oh no you didn\'t - June 25, 2010 at 2:06pm
This is Apple's way of securing more dollars... Next month we'll be told that you can only use apple approved iPhone4 cases sold only by apple retail stores or else the phone doesn't work.
Ummm
Ummm - June 25, 2010 at 1:11pm
Nobody in the video is holding it 'wrong'. They're only covering one black line, not two. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
knighthawk
knighthawk - June 25, 2010 at 4:54pm
Yes u r wrong! And nobody is ready to correct you! Its a freaking major flaw!
frank
frank - June 25, 2010 at 11:55am
there comin out with the I GLOVE its a rubber glove used to elimanate your hands from being a conductor $39.95 glove comes in yellow red and pink and blue altho your hands will sweat you will gain bars!
Aman
Aman - June 25, 2010 at 1:16pm
Good one lol Love it.
Shameer
Shameer - June 25, 2010 at 11:16am
My mom's phone looses signals when she does that but I dont She even held my phone
Chris
Chris - June 25, 2010 at 11:14am
I'm not an engeneer or anything like that but I belive that they had to use the outer side for GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth and the GSM inside just like before, most of the signal lost occur when both antennas are touched with your hands so it's like a conductive wire connecting the two antennas and thats why it is worst when the black lines are touched because there is more conductivity in your finger tip than in the palms of your hands
David
David - June 25, 2010 at 10:57am
Leave it to the blogosphere to turn a mountain into a molehill once again. Neither Jobs nor Apple ever said anyone was holding the iPhone 4 "wrong." A person complained that, in a certain grip position, reception was poor. Jobs responded not to hold it that way. "Wrong" was never used and this was really just a rhetorical exchange of words. Since every phone has position-dependent reception, it's obvious that if one position isn't good, you try another. Now that antenna engineer Webb has weighed in on this and indicated that this issue stems from FCC testing rules and not from Apple doing anything that far out of the ordinary, it's time to move on.
Jawad
Jawad - June 25, 2010 at 11:44am
o cmmon man, i am an apple user but its a big big flaw in the design, no phone has antenna outside it and u can hold phones in anyway you like they dont drop signals, its not a 1980s radio...
boreddrummer
boreddrummer - June 25, 2010 at 1:05pm
firstly i think you mean a molehill into a mountain lol. and secondly, the natural manner in which the phone is held by someone with their left hand is what causes the conduction and signal drop, you speak as if someone is holding their phone in a peculiar way, as a left handed person myself the way in which i hold my phone covers the antenna. The phone resting in your palm is the normal way to hold it because that is the most secure, so basically im paying somethin around £500 for a phone which i then have to grip from the top in an insecure position if i want to make a phone call. let's face it, it's a huge design flaw, that apple at the very least should own up to and apologise for, not just fob people off saying 'hold it another way'
frank
frank - June 25, 2010 at 1:53pm
ohh shush up DAV people are paying top dollar for these devices the least they can do is fucin function as a damn cell phone correctly! and my 3gs i can hold tight as anything anywhere with both hands surronding the phone not 1 god damn bar drops... why should the new phone do this!
Shaukat
Shaukat - June 25, 2010 at 5:30pm
This is not a mole hill. Apple screwed up. They should fix the design. They are asking you to hold the phone in a specific way to avoid signal loss. That's utterly stupid, ridiculous and arrogant. It is important that this becomes a big issue. Only then will Apple perhaps do something. However, in the meantime, unfortunately, I am still using my iPhone. Why because although Apple is far from perfect, everybody else just sucks.
JC
JC - June 26, 2010 at 12:36am
Man, I love my iPhone, but idiots such as Dave really piss me off. As many have already said, holding the phone is the most natural way causes signal issues. The most frggin natural way. WTF would anyone defend Apple here? Ugggh
digi
digi - June 25, 2010 at 10:47am
you have to use metal tweezers so it can extend antenna lol you also have to wear metal glove sand metal outfit so it can prove extra reception
Rolando Torres ( Smart Cell Phone Repair)
Rolando Torres ( Smart Cell Phone Repair) - June 25, 2010 at 11:24am
Lol Lmfao U Have TO Get Suited Up like if It was Opereation Iraqui Freedon the 2nd lol