October 5, 2022
iPhone 4 Antenna Issue Affects Transmission as Well [Video]

iPhone 4 Antenna Issue Affects Transmission as Well [Video]

Posted June 26, 2010 at 4:59pm · 16 comments · Add Comment
bsoares
bsoares - June 28, 2010 at 10:05am
I've noticed that bluetooth connectivity drops too as I touch both sides of the antennas.
tims0891
tims0891 - June 28, 2010 at 9:50am
Now I am not saying that certain cell phones are the best and flawless...they all have their issues, however, it seems as though that through the track record of Apple and their product releases, that they have become more disconnected from their customers wants and wishes and concerns and more focused on, “Get it out, FAST!” The fact that they take the customization process out of their technology is sad for the end user. When will the day come that they apply this mindset to their computer systems. Forcing us all to have to abide by the APPLE only way or you don’t get anything for your systems.
medina
medina - June 27, 2010 at 1:11pm
I found a solution! Dress up your iPhone 4 with an iPhone 4 Bumper. Choose one of six colors — white, black, blue, green, orange, or pink — and slip it around the edge of your iPhone 4.
Next Episode
Next Episode - June 27, 2010 at 12:38am
This dude needs a girl in his life
Powell Crack
Powell Crack - June 27, 2010 at 12:04pm
totally agree with you!!!
Clint
Clint - June 27, 2010 at 12:38am
Then don't slide your finger across where the 2 antennas meet!
gobsugar
gobsugar - June 26, 2010 at 9:51pm
Revenge of the losers. Bring back the trackball ffs.
gobsugar
gobsugar - June 26, 2010 at 9:55pm
Anyway why is he stroking his phone in this peculiar manner. Will no one question these freaks.
ME&WHO?
ME&WHO? - June 26, 2010 at 9:28pm
Just so everyone's on the same page as for RF signal, it CAN and DOES get affected by the human body. Making an antenna on the outside of the iPhone 4 is a bad call because of this. Any cell phone manual tells you not to cover or touch the area of the phone where the antenna is located so not to disrupt the RF. Apple's response to this is petty because they are asking customers to buy this phone and the Apple name and deal with any problems it has or has been built in with. Sounds like Microsoft is cloned Apple employees and started working for them. I'm a Mac guy but this is crap. I didn't get an iPhone due to the whole white plastic shortage in the world and now it's okay with me. I wanted one before but I also want a phone that works when AT&T is asking you to pay more per month just by having the phone. It's time everyone put Apple back in it's right place. We love Apple because we do not get product from them that are normally like this. They need to stay loyal to us and give us a true fix to this issue and not a excuse. YOU and Me pay good money for things and we want them to work right. Besides what's a iPhone without cellular service ? An iPod Touch? Pretty much. Apple, Fix this problem and have customers bring the first Iphone 4s back for replacement! I don't have one yet like I said, but if the white plastic shortage is fixed and this is fixed, I'll get one. BUT, putting a piece of silicone over it will not fix it if you touch it anyways. Sorry just how RF works. p.s. If Steve Jobs can not figure this out, maybe he can ask Kevin Costner for ideas, He seems to be helping BP out of their Enviro mess.
Jeeve Stobs
Jeeve Stobs - June 26, 2010 at 9:07pm
Hello, my name is not Mike, i dinn't even have an iFour but i'd like to report the fact that the antenna bug is also present in other two situations: on stand-by and after power off... i did a quick test and that's what i can tell on every blog: the iFour doesn't seems to work when sinked into my toilet, also i have noticed the signal is weaker when i try to call from my microwave oven, i did counted to 1477 (in mississippi way) before i heard some noises... I hope i really helped everybody with my comment, and remember - never trust a man who tells you to buy a bumper...
Jeremy
Jeremy - June 26, 2010 at 7:42pm
You have to admit, sometimes it would be nice to have this bug for those "special someones" that you just don't want to talk to any longer and not have to come up with some lame excuse to end the call... :)
Edwin
Edwin - June 26, 2010 at 8:36pm
I think these guys work for Microsoft trying to bring Apple down... He even looks like the add for PC and Mac... LOL
NeHoMaR
NeHoMaR - June 26, 2010 at 5:48pm
I think antenna problems plus easy breaking of the screen are the reasons of the "official" silicone case; maybe the next versions (product box) will include that. Almost all problems iPhone 4 have are fixed with that silicone.