October 5, 2022
Free iPhone 4 Cases for All Customers [Update]

Free iPhone 4 Cases for All Customers [Update]

Posted July 16, 2010 at 2:51pm · 34 comments · Add Comment
Vang
Vang - July 18, 2010 at 11:42am
If you don't like it. Return it! Obviously it shows that you don't have the balls to do that. Wouldn't even imagine doing. U love your iPhone so much you can't return it. It's still under 30 days. Return it? Or shut up!
Darick
Darick - July 18, 2010 at 9:23am
What is wrong with me? I can't make my iPhone not work. When I first got it I bought a case from eBay for 1.99. My biggest problem is that every time I am out I get asked about the "problem". I have to take the case off and demo how you can't make it lose signal. I think I am gonna wear it out taking it in and out of the case!!! E
Rpn
Rpn - July 17, 2010 at 3:39pm
Apple: "After all bumpers are shipped, no more will be made. Please accept this generous gift certificate to go to walmart and buy gloves."
david villa
david villa - July 16, 2010 at 4:40pm
After all its apple fault. Hardware problem on iphone 4. Holy fk. Thumbs down apple.
akilter
akilter - July 16, 2010 at 4:18pm
I REALLY like my new iPhone 4... have liked it from the minute I bought it. I particularly like the camera, and how speedy the internet shows up. I really don't use the phone aspect that much, and although I had one dropped call in 30 (att or antenna... I don't know) I wasn't really concerned. I was enjoying the media frenzy over the issue... more like piranha blood lust over a nicked mouse, and of course the perpetual apple haters who want anything apple does to have some flaw. I was going to get a case anyway (Grove) and I still am, but more for the customized design of the case and protection than for the antenna issue... GET A LIFE. The iPhone is a 5 star appliance, that is so good that any minor blemish brings howls of derision.
Panzerknacker
Panzerknacker - July 16, 2010 at 4:13pm
It's actually quite simple: If the phone drops a call by tapping on the corner and if in the same situation it can be fixed by applying a duct tape, then there's a hardware problem. This will be fixed by Apple, most likely by applying a thin transparent coating which insulates the metal. This is why free bumbers are only given until Sep, 30. The proximity sensor also has a problem (but it seems already fixed in currently produced phones). My conclusion: I will not buy before Sep. 30, or until there's proof that Apple has fixed the hardware. Apple won't be sad for my delayed purchase as they cannot deliver enough phones anyways...
wezz69
wezz69 - July 16, 2010 at 2:52pm
Excuse me... This has totally pissed me off. I spent £600 on the iphone 4, and no mr jobbs, i aint fucking holding it in a certain way, i WILL hold it however i like! i paid the money, i will use it how i wish. "DESIGN FAULT" are my words to you. Imagine if Ford said, "Well im so sorry our engines set on fire over 50mph, and even though you spent £20,000 on one of our vehicles, please drive under 50mph to reduce the risk of fire, and by the way, in case of fire we are providing everybody who has purchased one a free fire exstinguisher!" STUFF IT UP YOUR ASS YOU POMPASS PRICK... DO NOT TO ATTEMPT TO INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE, YOU CAN STICK YOUR FREE BUMPER RIGHT UP YOUR APPLE SHAPED SPHINCTER
guy above me is an idiot
guy above me is an idiot - July 16, 2010 at 2:59pm
you really don't know what you're talking about, nor does your Ford analogy make any comprehensible sense whatsoever. you're lucky that you're getting a free case.
David
David - July 16, 2010 at 3:03pm
No one is forcing you to keep your iPhone. As stated in the keynote, you can take it back for a 100% refund with no restocking fee, and get your upgrade and go elsewhere.
who???
who??? - July 16, 2010 at 3:05pm
I agree with you there guy...His dumbass spent all that money just to complain and bitch about it online, fuckin' loser go cry me a river!!! Here's a thought, return the shit back.
wezz69
wezz69 - July 16, 2010 at 3:09pm
Get you. I have owned the iphone 4 since launch day, and have experienced loss of signal since that day. My network cannot accept the iphone back unless mr apple says a recall is on the cards. but instead of fixing the problem, he is going to give out some pice of crap plastic to hide the fault, yeah it may relieve the problem, but the fact is, the iphone is stylish and i shouldnt have to wrap it up in an iphone 4-skin to cover up a problem that shouldnt even exist- yet it does and should be replaced. my analogy is pretty much spot on. now my thought is, if you havent experienced this issue, then you probably still own a 3gs or possibly a 2g and just hoping to blend in with us 4g owners. get a life dude, its pathetic. and i tell you, give it 6 months, and there will be a recall, the public will demand it
wezz69
wezz69 - July 16, 2010 at 3:12pm
ALL I WILL SAY, IF ANYBODY DISAGREES WITH MY STATEMENT, I CAN PRETTY MUCH GUARANTEE THAT YOU DO NOT EVEN OWN THE 4G!!! """"BUT""" IF YOU DO AND YOU ACCEPT THE FAULT "AS IS" THEN MORE FOOL YOU
why???
why??? - July 16, 2010 at 3:16pm
Why do you so insist and believe that I don't have an iphone 4? Just because I'm not having the issue as bad as yours and didn't pay as much as you do doesn't mean I don't have one...Are you really that high up your ass and feel so fucking special? But then I guess your on the other side of the world so...Fuck off!!! And take your phone back already if you just gonna bitch and whine about it.
David
David - July 16, 2010 at 3:18pm
I have owned and used an iPhone 4 since RD as well, I was having problems too, I bought a case, and problem solved. Yes, the product is defective on some level, but when you do not want what Apple is giving you for FREE, and you still complain, maybe you should go to another phone. Go get your money back if you are going to continue to bitch and complain.
wezz69
wezz69 - July 16, 2010 at 3:18pm
Sorry "WHY???" big hugs
why???
why??? - July 16, 2010 at 3:21pm
@ weez; Just return yours already to make it available for others who wanted to buy 'em...better yet sell it online and make a profit out of it if you'd like, posting your issues here aren't gonna resolve anything. You can try Steve Jobs e-mail, he just might send someone where you at to do some diagnostic tests LOL!
wezz69
wezz69 - July 16, 2010 at 3:22pm
i have owned every carnation of the iphone, and love the phone and brand, just very dissappointed thats all. now having the iphone 4 sat in my desk draw and using my 3gs isnt exactly what i wanted to do but, for the moment its my only option til a solution is found. maybe the jailbreak will help matters
Johnny H.
Johnny H. - July 16, 2010 at 4:24pm
Free Bumpers are a temporary fix. I'm certain there will be a change/modification to problem part and/or software to resolve the reception issue. Although I use a case 99.9% of the time, it would be comforting to know that the phone will reliably work without one. Slightly disappointed with Apple, however, the issue was addressed, and a promise to resolve the matter was made.
keV
keV - July 16, 2010 at 4:31pm
I too own the iPhone 4 since the RD, I also have the reception issue, I own every iPhone since 3G, the 4 is the best I ever have, tested 3GS in my house, it does have same reception issue, when I hold it in certain way, signal drop from 5 bar to one, people complain about the 4 is because their expectition so high for it, and me too, I was mad when I discover the issue, but now, I got a free bumper, I am happy, for those are not, return it, it's that simple, I paid mine for 200, and I know I can sell it for 300 when next one come out. So people, just shut up and enjoy your phone, and it's just a phone after all.
Jon
Jon - July 16, 2010 at 5:10pm
Wait a minute.......we are lucky of what? We paid for a phone that is suppose to be perfect and not for something that in order to work you have to use a mandatory bumper or case.......what about if I don't like cases or covers? For people like you (apple's nerds) is why apple is doing whatever they want.......is illegal to sell something defective!!!!! Hey you go and try to sell something defective to apple....they'll take to court in a minute! They are supposed to make recall on all the phones or at least send a check back for 50% of the total cost.......
jay flex
jay flex - July 16, 2010 at 5:11pm
hi all...i totally agre with all of you , yes a phone is a phone but when you live in a house or flat were you only get one bar it dosn't help when you are talkin and people cannot here you or the phone keeps cuttin out and dropping calls. yet your old 3gs is still able to hold the call and quality..yes you get a free bumper but it is only a plaster to fix a problem that needs surgery and stitches..also what happens if the free case becomes damaged or lost , for what ever reason you then still have a faulty phone and then need to pay £30 to fix it out of your own pocket...i love my iphone and i have not complained but still if your going to sell somebody a product make sure the simplest thing like the arial works properly and then dont try to tempery fix it with a free case ...soon they will fix the problem on the newer versions and this will reduce the price on the first ones made available as they will be known as having a fault...also if the arial uses your body as an extention surly when the call drops isn't the arial not at full radiation power (sars rating)....
kloquewerk
kloquewerk - July 16, 2010 at 5:20pm
I think you did a pretty good job at insulting your own intelligence with this post, buddy. Good job. And good job Mr. Jobs for at least showing there are issues with the phone and with MOST other similar smart phones. I've had my iPhone 4 (not 4G as your intellectual self calls it) since release day, and I can recreate the issue just like most of the other users can. Does it drop my calls? NOT ONCE. Does it slow my data speed down and show the graphic of my bars taking a dive? Yes it does. Take your free bumper, or take the refund and kindly STFU.
someone who actually has a brain
someone who actually has a brain - July 16, 2010 at 6:09pm
wezz69, your Ford analogy doesn't make sense. They do say to drive under a certain speed, but that is for your own safety. Should you choose to disobey, well, it wont go good for you. ""HOPEFULLY"" you remain alive, but SADLY, you'll still be alive and we have to deal with your ignorance.
mag
mag - July 16, 2010 at 2:50pm
jobs is pathetic,he still don't recognize the problem with the iphone 4..
ricardo
ricardo - July 16, 2010 at 3:16pm
yes he did and he said they are working on it , any new technology would always have problems, i love my iphone, if you dont returned and get ur 100% money back and stop crying
me
me - July 16, 2010 at 2:41pm
LAME
who???
who??? - July 16, 2010 at 2:46pm
You're LAME!!!
wezz69
wezz69 - July 16, 2010 at 2:55pm
Shut up dipstick, go take your 2g save up your pocket money for 3 years and go actually buy yourself an iphone 4 before commenting
who???
who??? - July 16, 2010 at 3:02pm
Uhhh! Matter fact I do dumbfuck...And I'm not returning it anytime soon either since it's working just fine...now do you own one or just wishing to have one so u can shove it up ur ass? HMMMM?????
why???
why??? - July 16, 2010 at 3:28pm
Oh wow! That's impressive (NOT!!!), then go make money and do whatever you want with it...for that matter your just as bad as apple who tries to sell a defective product as you claim, so bitch and whine and don't want to return the shit back because you want to make a profit??? You should be thanking apple then...So run along Mr. Wezz and enjoy your new found wealth.
Shirley Basset
Shirley Basset - July 16, 2010 at 4:30pm
Are you 14?
Enrico
Enrico - July 16, 2010 at 6:27pm
He's probably not 14 but almost as bad.. He's a whiney british bitch...
YOU
YOU - July 16, 2010 at 8:15pm
ARE ALL FAGGOTS.
FUCK UK
FUCK UK - July 16, 2010 at 8:21pm
Get your teeth fixed, you dumb British bastard.