October 5, 2022
Planetbeing Releases Signal App for iPhone

Planetbeing Releases Signal App for iPhone

Posted August 3, 2010 at 1:43am · 18 comments · Add Comment
Samson
Samson - January 8, 2014 at 3:36pm
Hi Still no app update released I hope this will work at lest on ios7.04 as it was not working on ios 6 Kindly reply.
Allgreg
Allgreg - October 26, 2010 at 6:13pm
I had the same problem (showing no towers) and i read on one of his tweets to reboot the phone and it did the trick. Hope it helps!
Kyle
Kyle - August 7, 2010 at 12:12am
I support PlanetBeing by giving him that $5, but this app simply does not work. It's like I paid for a map application apple gives you standard when you buy the phone. I've sent him a twitter message and he replied. He stated to send him a couple screenshots which I did but haven't heard back just yet. I assume that means he's looking into it, in which I'm confident in believing there will be a fix.
Laurence
Laurence - August 3, 2010 at 8:04pm
I also bought this signal app but it does not work. It wont show your nearest tower.i hope planetbeing will fix it or update it.
tbowick
tbowick - August 3, 2010 at 4:33pm
I bought it and it doesn't give me any towers of connections at all. Just my current location. I've tried turning off and on all the different connections (wi-fi, data, 3g, etc). There is no 3G at my location, but it should at least find the 2G towers. I do have reception and data. I am very interested in this app, and love to suppor planetbeing. So far it's a disappointment though. Any advice on how to get it going?
Jeremy
Jeremy - August 3, 2010 at 2:25pm
Well, I thought this app would be nice to have but as far as I can tell, it is bogus. None of the places the app says are cell sites are correct and yes I do know where they really are. If it is not supposed to plot the actual sites then what is it plotting? I wish there was more documentation. Another thought. Is it possible that the error is on the network side in that it is giving ambiguous data?
Hcn
Hcn - August 6, 2010 at 1:32pm
Same for me. Several of the towers are plotted in the middle of the lake nearby! Does anybody know where the tower location comes from?
ktula
ktula - August 3, 2010 at 1:02pm
It works great for me!
hkl
hkl - August 3, 2010 at 11:25am
After having purchased the app I cannot install it. Always getting the pop up: "Size mismatch".
Krackerns
Krackerns - August 3, 2010 at 2:45pm
Pls go to changes in Cydia and upgrade them.. This should work.. It worked for me.. Gud luck...
A777
A777 - August 3, 2010 at 10:55am
Would itwork outside US?
A777
A777 - August 3, 2010 at 11:00am
Just found out tht Signal works for any country and in all the languages.
got it
got it - August 3, 2010 at 5:35am
got this app, but there is one issue - my position doesn't update on map - I have to kill app (cause it supports multitasking) only then it updates my current position. It updates towers online still :) hopefully will get fixed soon
Andrew
Andrew - August 3, 2010 at 6:38am
Why would you want this app?
Dwaine
Dwaine - August 3, 2010 at 7:50am
@andrew the app offer you detailed information on cell towers your connected to & nearby and the connection strenght etc. obviously this app is not for people without some technical understanding.
Martin
Martin - August 3, 2010 at 8:35am
Yes, the cell towers get's updated on the fly but the user position only get updated once when you start the application.
Andrew
Andrew - August 3, 2010 at 8:53am
Really? Whats technical about it?
sidq
sidq - August 3, 2010 at 9:32am
support planetbeing doesn't matter what changes needed, I will buy in the evening