June 9, 2023

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.1]
Comments

Posted October 8, 2010 at 3:30am · 76 comments · Add Comment
KimF
KimF - January 4, 2015 at 12:46pm
Why won't the file download as a .ipsw file? It only downloads as a .dmg file. I have emailed support three times and I have not received a response. Can I get some help please!!!
Grati Amal
Grati Amal - September 28, 2014 at 6:24pm
its blocked in the logo iclarified recovery mode,what i must do now !!!!!!!!!
Arancia zzorre
Arancia zzorre - April 1, 2014 at 12:35pm
sapic
sapic - June 27, 2013 at 11:21am
thanks it's help...=)
Jitender saini
Jitender saini - November 29, 2012 at 12:23pm
Sir the process is complete but after reboot is stick to screen and my iphone is not starting. Plz reply and help me
Jitender saini
Jitender saini - November 29, 2012 at 12:20pm
what to do after this process?
tjedward
tjedward - August 9, 2012 at 6:58pm
can i have my network career connected after this process
CMBharath
CMBharath - July 15, 2012 at 6:30pm
Hi.. i followed the steps provided and finally at the end i got a iClarified Recovery mode wallpaper what needs to be done next?
DWRECK
DWRECK - February 16, 2011 at 1:52pm
I have a 3G running on the 05.13.04 baseband and is unlocked on version 3.0 using Blackra1n. Does anyone know if I can jailbreak it using RedSn0w and then unlock it using UltraSn0w? Are there any problems I need to be aware of? I wasn't sure if I could jailbreak it using RedSn0w since I didn't use that previously on version 3.0?
icedemon2010
icedemon2010 - February 5, 2011 at 12:10pm
Hi there can anybody help I have been plagued with unknown error 6, I have tried different pcs, cables, firmwares but can't get passed error 6 any help guys thanks
Cathryn
Cathryn - February 2, 2011 at 8:49am
I've downloaded the 4.1 firmware but there is no ipsw...how/where do i get this? Thanks
meganOUFC
meganOUFC - December 21, 2010 at 10:16am
hi guys :D Is there a unlock for this as i am put off updating to 4.2.1 after reading user comments and also my phone has to be hacktivated. :/ from my inderstandings , this is the lowest firmware that itunes will accept hence me asking. thanks megan
Pete
Pete - December 19, 2010 at 6:01pm
Where is the .ipsw file after unzipping? And the RedSn0wzip file is corrupted. Major Fail
Anthony
Anthony - November 28, 2010 at 2:55pm
i followed alll the steps up until past DFU where it starts to reboot but it never rebooted. i left it my computer an hour and nothing happened....idk what happened or what i did wrong.
naamakala
naamakala - November 25, 2010 at 7:50am
Jailbreak works fine!
naamari
naamari - November 25, 2010 at 6:54am
"unable to recognize specified IPSW
TC
TC - November 19, 2010 at 6:04pm
I just jail-broke my 3G OS4.1 with RedSn0w but I lost my internet access even after wifi is connected! Now I have to restore my phone... anyone know why?
mary
mary - November 25, 2010 at 11:46am
L
L - November 16, 2010 at 1:28pm
oh btw> i fixed my itunes error 6, so if anyone is having that issue id love to help walk you through some steps. let me know
Dave
Dave - February 5, 2011 at 11:59am
Hi there I've been having iTunes error 6 with everything I try, I've asked around other forums snd nobody seems to know. I'm interested in what your solution was, could you drop me an email
ismo salko
ismo salko - November 16, 2010 at 1:10pm
thank youuu once again. you keep on saving the days. BR from Finland
L
L - November 12, 2010 at 11:19am
No HELP? really? i was following the tutorial exactly anyway.
george
george - November 25, 2010 at 11:55am
i just updated my iphone 4 to 2.4.1 how come my sms tones are still the same i thought that with 4.2.1 it gave more sms tunes why did i not get them its still the same tones
L
L - November 12, 2010 at 2:11am
Hello, anyone interested in giving a little advice on what to do with an itunes error 6 encountered while "verifying restore software", and I tried changing ports and cables. I've got an apple original cable and nothing works. I know this isnt the first time this happened and someone has got to have a solution for this.
mary
mary - November 25, 2010 at 12:27pm
L
L - November 11, 2010 at 11:06pm
i cant really get passed a itunes error 6 when verifying restore....WHat the heck is that? anybody still available on this site for tutorial help?
L/
L/ - November 11, 2010 at 12:38pm
what itunes version should I use? I have 9.2.1 now
mary
mary - November 25, 2010 at 10:23am
mary
mary - November 25, 2010 at 11:33am
can someone tell me why does redsnow stop at the part where u click browse and it says it doesnt recognize the IPSW and i cant continue I did download the ipsw for windows and its the most current one can one of u honey's help me pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Happy 3G Owner
Happy 3G Owner - November 11, 2010 at 9:28am
Thank you, i can confirmed that this has worked on a 3G. Now to install froyo!!
tino
tino - October 29, 2010 at 5:27am
I have iPhone 3G, 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02..i do the JB and when iPhone reboot i not have any signal for my network (vodafone) I try put the original network settings and reboot iPhone and Pc and problem is the same, no signal. Can you help me? Thanks
talhabintareq
talhabintareq - November 8, 2010 at 2:22am
You have to first unlock your phone with ultrasn0w. The unlock for baseband 5.14 has not come yet but it will come in some days.
Ko Zin
Ko Zin - October 15, 2010 at 3:51am
Can't restore to 4.0 firmware! error 3194. Present; firmware 3.1.2 modem firmware 5.12.01 3G please help me can't update/restore to 4.0 O.S
idol888
idol888 - October 24, 2010 at 12:35pm
have the same problem...can anyone help please...thanks
idol888
idol888 - October 24, 2010 at 1:50pm
hey i finally got it...you can upgrade to 4.x.x from 3.1.2 by using tiny umbrella...save shsh then start tss server... download tiny umbrella and you’re good to go.... hope i was able to help...
Pete
Pete - December 2, 2010 at 4:56pm
Try this: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-fix-1604-1601-1600-16xx-error-during-ios-4.1-custom-ipsw-firmware-restore-in-itunes-with-ireb-4.1/ its so easy!... worked for me.
Hale
Hale - October 13, 2010 at 7:20am
I successfully jailbroke my 3G with 4.1 then when I've tried installing some cydia apps it crashes and goes into a constant boot cycle anyone else experience this???
sravan
sravan - October 13, 2010 at 12:48am
i am using iphone 3G after jailbreak by redsnow and unlock by ultrasnow,when i insert the sim iphone is freezing and when i remove sim its nomally working.it is searching for signal but not detecting the signal.Can any1 plz help me with this
clit
clit - October 15, 2010 at 6:39am
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN A FIX FOR UNLOCK AND JB FOR A 3G 4.1 I THOUGHT I SAW A PRESS RELEASE SENT OUT BY MUCSLENERD BUT THEN IT DISSAPEARED CAN U PLEASE POST ANY INFO U MAY HAVE
bandar.s
bandar.s - October 12, 2010 at 4:14am
Download link for RedSn0w not working !!
bandar.s
bandar.s - October 12, 2010 at 4:27am
It's fine , I found another link http://rapidshare.com/files/423778815/redsn0w_win_0.9.6b1.zip
Jefferey
Jefferey - October 11, 2010 at 3:51pm
I successfully did a jailbreak of my iPhone 3G 4.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 1. Now which tool do I use to unlock my network lock? Please help.
jcabuyao
jcabuyao - October 12, 2010 at 1:38am
No unlock yet for iOS 4.1 bb 5.14. let us wait for the release of 4.2 cause they will be releasing unlock for both 4.1 and 4.2
Phil
Phil - October 11, 2010 at 3:09pm
needs xp sp2 program doesnt work on sp3, vista or windows 7, but you can use compatibility mode on Vista and windows 7 to get it working
Aj
Aj - October 11, 2010 at 7:22am
I have phone 3gs 32gb with 4.1 version updated by itunes. When i run redsnow and browse to the ispw file it successfully validates it and then all process after that go normal till it comes to the booting up iphone bit. The screen just stays there forever. I have tried rebooting my machine and tried the same on Windows XP and XP professional. Done the Jail breaking at least 5 times with no success. Folks help me. - You have never let me down before. Thanks Aj
Bilal
Bilal - October 11, 2010 at 6:21am
Dear All i have i phone3g , firmware 4.1, its unlocked to all countries, please tell me that after jailbreak do i need to unlock it again ???? or it will work perfectly at all countries like before
Aj
Aj - October 11, 2010 at 7:03am
Yes it will work
random142
random142 - October 10, 2010 at 10:25pm
redsnow link is not working.
Chris
Chris - October 10, 2010 at 7:04pm
Every time I run Redsnow, it crashes. I am using Vista and am following the instructions to a tee. Any suggestions?
toby
toby - May 7, 2011 at 5:50am
try running the programme in 'win xp sp2 compatible mod. do this by right clicking and looking at the properties
joao
joao - October 9, 2010 at 5:16pm
I use Windows7 (x64) and it crashes, Put the redsnow with XP SP3 compatibility, and works !
reallyBasic
reallyBasic - October 9, 2010 at 2:05am
I also experienced the crashing problem, but I was able to successfully jailbreak my phone after removing apps and music to get a little more than 1GB of free flash on the device.
Mustafa
Mustafa - October 9, 2010 at 7:20am
Use windows xp to jailbreak
reallyBasic
reallyBasic - October 9, 2010 at 11:52am
I am using Windows XP.
Yasir
Yasir - October 9, 2010 at 12:07am
i am using 3g on 4.1 it get stuck on uploading ramdisk every time, like 10 times already. i restarted the laptop, tried the other laptop both on windows no result. can someone help plz.
iphone3GJB4.1
iphone3GJB4.1 - October 10, 2010 at 2:23am
You need to reboot your PC and redo it. I will work. I had the same problem. but I got it working after reboot my pc.
Andy
Andy - November 6, 2010 at 12:00am
same problem here...it stucked at the "waiting for the reboot" and yes i did rebooting my pc but still nothing.
JaTT
JaTT - October 8, 2010 at 11:13pm
Perfect...follow the instrctions like said......and my 3G is good to go.......Jbroken....Thanks....
sergio
sergio - October 9, 2010 at 1:41am
worked fine..got everything ready and to go ( jail break my phone) ,got cidia tooooo. Buyt phone never got activated ,can call no one!!! plz help me..why? iphone3g...4.1
Phil
Phil - October 8, 2010 at 4:49pm
Process gets stuck at the reboot and doesn't ever finish. The phone still works but isn't jailbroken. Tried 4 times, same result.
Iphone3GJB4.1
Iphone3GJB4.1 - October 8, 2010 at 7:51pm
try to reboot you computer and redo the JB steps. It hung at the load ramdisk, then I reboot my pc and redo the JB steps, and it worked. Hope you can get it work as well.