Rogers Wireless and Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced the new BlackBerry(R) Bold(TM) smartphone to customers in Canada. Designed to give business professionals and power users exceptional performance and functionality, the BlackBerry Bold smartphone operates on Rogers' high-speed 3G network and features a newly designed, precision QWERTY keyboard, built-in GPS, enterprise-grade Wi-Fi(R) and a rich set of multimedia capabilities including a 2 megapixel camera with video recording and an advanced media player to play music, watch videos and view pictures. From its lustrous black exterior, satin chrome finished frame and stylish leatherette backplate, to its stunning high resolution display that must be seen to be
believed, the BlackBerry Bold smartphone is a symbol of accomplishment and aspiration.
Crafted from premium materials inside and out, the BlackBerry Bold smartphone performs as great as it looks. It features a next-generation 624MHz mobile processor that powers the renowned BlackBerry productivity applications, including phone, email, messaging, organizer and browser, and works with thousands of mobile business and lifestyle applications. With this powerful new smartphone, users can even talk on the phone while sending and receiving email, accessing the web or using GPS-based navigation. The BlackBerry Bold also lets customers edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents directly on the handset using the preloaded DataViz(R) Documents to Go(R) software suite, making it easier than ever to stay connected and productive
while on the go.
"Rogers Wireless is proud to be first to offer Canadians the world's fastest BlackBerry smartphone on Canada's fastest mobile network. The much awaited BlackBerry Bold smartphone is a 'must have' for connoisseurs of premium products and mobile workers who want to remain connected and productive no matter where their jobs may take them," said John Boynton, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Rogers Wireless.
"The new BlackBerry Bold exudes confidence and elegance as it delivers blazing performance on Rogers' high-speed 3G network," said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing at RIM. "We're very pleased to be launching the BlackBerry Bold with Rogers, providing Canadian customers with a breakthrough smartphone that will help them make the most out of their work and personal time."
The BlackBerry Bold smartphone from Rogers Wireless features:
- An elegant design measuring 114mm x 66mm x 15mm and weighing approximately 136 grams
- Tri-band HSDPA and quad-band EDGE support for global roaming(*)
- Stunning half-VGA (480x320 resolution at 217 ppi) colour display with integrated lens for eye-popping definition and clarity
- Enhanced HTML browser delivers high performance with desktop-style depiction
- Enterprise-grade Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g)
- Built-in GPS with support for location based applications and services including geotagging; comes with BlackBerry(R) Maps preinstalled
- 1 GB on-board storage memory, as well as an externally accessible microSD/SDHC memory card slot(xx) for additional storage
- A removable/rechargeable 1500 mAhr battery
- DataViz(R) Documents To Go(R) preinstalled, enabling customers to edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on the smartphone
- 2 megapixel camera with digital zoom, built-in flash and video recording
- Advanced media player for viewing pictures, listening to music and watching videos
- Support for High Speed USB 2.0 enables quick file transfers between a PC and the smartphone
- BlackBerry(R) Desktop Manager software, which includes Roxio(R) Media Manager for BlackBerry(R), a powerful media manager application that allows users to easily manage media files on their computer and transfer them to the smartphone; the BlackBerry Bold also comes with the new BlackBerry(R) Media Sync application for customers that want a simple way to sync their iTunes(R) digital music collections with the smartphone(xxx)
- Support for downloading music directly from Rogers MusicStore
- The Rogers Do More portal enabling access to a variety of mobile applications for business and personal use
- Instant messaging with BlackBerry(R) Messenger, Google(R) Talk, Windows Live Messenger(TM) and Yahoo!(R) Messenger
- Support for the Facebook(R) for BlackBerry(R) Smartphones application, which enables fast, streamlined and optimized mobile access to the popular Facebook social utility
- Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced noise cancellation to offset background noise, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth(R) (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
- BlackBerry(R) Internet Service support that allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server support for enterprise deployments with advanced security and IT controls
The BlackBerry Bold smartphone from Rogers comes with a variety of inbox accessories including a stereo headset, travel charger, carrying case and USB cable.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The BlackBerry Bold smartphone (model number: 9000) will be available from Rogers beginning today from $399.99 with activation on any combination of 3 year voice plan and three year BlackBerry data plan totalling more than $45 per month from Rogers. Some conditions apply.
For more information please visit: www.BlackBerryBold.com or www.rogers.com/bold.