September 26, 2022
How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 3GS (Mac) [5.0.1]

How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 3GS (Mac) [5.0.1]

Posted December 27, 2011 at 1:06pm · 12 comments · Add Comment
asicsning
asicsning - April 20, 2012 at 1:32am
So in some people, cao cao's grave how to fake, once off, how was that? http://www.ferragamoshoesoutletusa.com/
Jon
Jon - April 9, 2012 at 1:10am
Step Two yields me the following message: The iPhone "*****" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build. I am using the 3GS 5.0.1 IPSW on a 3GS that still has the original 4.3 i got it with. This led me to believe I should start with the 4.3.1 IPSW and work my way up but I got the same message anyway. Seen this before?
regef2009
regef2009 - January 27, 2012 at 8:50pm
I get "the connected device doesn't support untethered options" when Hacktivating my 3gs with redsnow. Details: BB 6.15, 5.0.1 iPhone, old model. Does it mean that I cannot untether boot up my phone? P.S. I follow iclarified, and selected "install cydia"
Trent Lamb
Trent Lamb - December 29, 2011 at 9:59am
i have an old bootrom 3Gs, did the custom build, restore, all not problem, now on 5.0.1 with my preserved baseband so I can unlock. BUT, I can't jailbreak because redsn0w when it check the build check for the _09404 build (a beta build) instead of the _09405 stock build (which is what everyone is using). So, my jailbreak stops because it says the build isn't supported. I think it's just a simple error that the dev team could fix it they knew about it. But I don't know how to resolve it. I guess I could just use pwnagetool instead and cook up another custom ipsw and then restore again... Any thoughts, help?
R
R - December 29, 2011 at 1:56am
I am following every single step and I am activating the iphone but I keep geting the 'Sim not valid' message. What's happening?
Drak7e
Drak7e - December 27, 2011 at 9:23pm
3Gs, got stuck on the reboot part! I couldn't identify whatsoever and i can't move foward! Now what ??
Drak7e
Drak7e - December 27, 2011 at 9:37pm
Oh no... just NOW i figured out that this process if for UPGRADING the Baseband... i CAN'T upgrade it because i need the unlock! Unless Ultrasn0w will unlock a new baseband... which i think is not possible... oh my... i guess i'll just have to try and go back to my 4.3.3 version, huh??? Man, this is terrible... spend hours restoring my backup of 32gb of stuff... oh man...
Steve
Steve - December 28, 2011 at 5:56pm
Pity, only chance you have now is upgrading to the 6.15.00 iPad baseband. you need to check the box. on the blog the dev team however says the ipad baseband runs poorly. You might want to verify this befoe, but once you upgraded the baseband, 06.15 is the only unlock option. If 5.0.1 runs poorly, go back to 4.3.3
P
P - December 27, 2011 at 1:59pm
How can i unlock the carrier in the 3gs?
James
James - December 27, 2011 at 9:22pm
Unlock 3GS with Ultrasnow on Cydia
Steve
Steve - December 29, 2011 at 11:29am
You can with a gevey card, or going to 06.15 baseband.. But I hear 5.0.1. is not yet compatible with the 06.15 band, this you should be carefully googling.. I upgraded my iPad to 5.0.1. last night, and jaibroke. It is jerky, and it is complicated, while on 4.2.1 it was smooth, quick, and foolproof. I will consider to go back to a 4.3.3. band probably in few days. This ain't the real deal. I think you need an A5 chip machine..
Noel
Noel - January 28, 2012 at 3:19am
Ok so im on 5.0.1, following this very same guide. ive got a 8gb 3gs with the ipad baseband. i cant get it to validate my sim card, i cant even get past the setup screen you get on the phone after the update. I read somewhere on the net that you could bypass this screen temporarily by making and emergency call, holding the power button, then cancelling rather then turning off, and tapping return to call. This worked, and i have cydia installed, so i downloaded RedSn0w 1.2.5 over my wi fi network. After resetting the springboard i get the same setup screen, my carrier name shows up in the bar as if my phone were unlocked, but the phone still says the sim card isnt valid and im stuck on the setup screen. i tried downgrading to 4.3.3 but itunes says my phone isnt eligible for that firmware. im running out of ideas and would really appreciate some help.