December 9, 2022
How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPod Touch 4G (Windows) [5.0.1]

How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPod Touch 4G (Windows) [5.0.1]

Posted December 27, 2011 at 2:08pm · 21 comments · Add Comment
carl
carl - December 29, 2011 at 9:52pm
This does not work. I have an ipod 4G produced in DEC 2011 and after running Redsn0w and doing the DFU it installs limera1n and stuff then on is just stuck on rebooting. I tried it with 2 different ipod touch 4g both DEC 2011 production and it is in admin and also vista ( with or without) Never works. My phone reboots but redsn0w still says rebooting and stays stuck like that. DOES NOT WORK not on new models I suppose.
Kpoplove
Kpoplove - March 4, 2012 at 5:05am
i had the same problem but i figured it out after fiddling without. So instead of just clickin th jailbreak button, click the extras and the select "manaully select ipsw" Make sure you have the ipod 5.0.1 file downloaded and select it. It should then say this file shall now be used for the rest of the jailbreak. Click the back button to go back to the jailbreak button and now click on the jailbreak button, and it should work.
Krufka
Krufka - March 21, 2012 at 9:05pm
that worked for me! thx!
Pedro
Pedro - December 29, 2011 at 9:07pm
Redsn0w craash on step where is he patching kernel.. obs:the program is open in administrator mod..
david
david - December 28, 2011 at 9:28am
I tried jailbreakin the iPod Touch 4g, and redsnow crashed in the middle, requiring me to restore the iPod.
Jay
Jay - December 28, 2011 at 3:18am
Im stuck at step seven. It installs stuff then stays stuck on rebooting and mi ipod 4g is on ???
jay