Remote Desktop Connection Client lets you connect to a Microsoft Windows-based computer and work with programs and files on that computer from your Macintosh computer. Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.0 (Beta 2) includes the following new features:
- Runs natively on both Intel-based and PowerPC-based Macs.
Remote Desktop Protocol 6.0:
- Provides better compatibility with Windows Vista, improved security features, and many other improvements.
Improved User Experience:
- Provides a true Mac experience and improved usability.
Improved Customization Options:
- Lets you change application preferences, including keyboard shortcuts, while you are running a session. Changes take effect the next time that you connect.
Dynamic Screen Resizing:
- Lets you resize your session window or switch to full-screen mode during a session.
Improved Printing Support:
- Supports all configured printers on your Mac. No longer limited to PostScript printers.
Multiple Sessions (Improved in Beta 2):
- Improvements to File menu commands and connection files let you connect to multiple Windows-based computers at the same time.
Network Level Authentication (NLA) Support (New in Beta 2):
- Helps provide greater security when connecting to computers running Windows Vista.
Auto Reconnect (New in Beta 2):
- Supports automatic reconnection when a network connection to a remote session is lost.
Wide Screen Support (New in Beta 2):
- Supports optimal resolution settings for wide screen displays.