iPhone Dev-Team Releases iPhone 2.2 Jailbreak

iPhone Dev-Team Releases iPhone 2.2 Jailbreak

Posted November 22, 2008 at 7:56pm by iClarified · 22 comments · Add Comment
joy - January 10, 2009 at 3:57am
ss
ATTNCK - November 29, 2008 at 10:33am
UPDATE: I had thought that the Cydia issue was similar to the old Installer app issue regarding the lack of free space and the closing of the app. I appear to be wrong. I increased the file size to 1000MB and still had the same problem. I downloaded QuickPwn and gave it a test to see if the buzz on the forums was correct and sure enough it fixed the problem, Cydia is working fine, as is everything else. On another very interesting note, the iPhone had somehow managed to remember my Network Info as well as fix/install all of the missing apps from the failed Pwnage Tool Custom .ipsw I had tried to install earlier. I'm going to have to play around some more with that one.
ATTNCK - November 29, 2008 at 9:50am
@ Rapo445: If you are currently running the 2.1 Firmware on your 2G iphone and you want to update to 2.2 you need to use Pwnage Tool, because QuickPwn is not intended to update your device. You should be using this FW file: iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw. You can DOWNLOAD it from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ if you need to. You can also use iTunes to update the iPhone to 2.2 then use QuickPwn with the 2.2 FW file to pwn it.
ATTNCK - November 29, 2008 at 9:42am
Reports are flooding forums across the internet that Cydia will crash after updating to 2.2 using pwnage tool. The solution people are posting success with is QuickPwn. However the simple solution is If you're cydia crashes you need to re-install and make sure to increase your partition size this time! 1000MB Minimum recommended.
Rapo445 - November 24, 2008 at 9:03pm
Hi guys. I have a 2G iPhone which I used Pwange for the Mac to unlock/upgrade to 2.1. I tried to upgrade to 2.2 following the excellent tutorial, however I get a message saying that the IPSW file is the wrong type. I downloaded the file from the correct link and followed the rest of the instructions correctly. Does anyone have an idea why the IPSW file is wrong? Cheers for your help.
Anish - November 24, 2008 at 3:39am
The Guide is awesome!!! I followed the instructions and worked on the first attempt. I have a jailbroken 2G 2.1 phone using in India with Airtel . Step 1. Removed my Sim card and updated to 2.2 Original firmware using Itunes Step 2. Connected the phone again (I tunes showing error - No Sim Card ) Step 3. Opened the quickpwn , and followed steps . Its Easy ..(Used to that ..this my 4th or 5th Upgrade :) Thanks
ricardo - November 24, 2008 at 12:45am
i have an iphone 3g on 2.1 jailbroken , im currently using the gevey 3g on top of my tmobile card in order to get service . will they take out a 2.2 that will be able to work with the gevey 3g turbosim?
Michael - November 23, 2008 at 2:19pm
administrator password? what is that?
JOSE - November 23, 2008 at 12:25pm
Pwnage tool 2.2.1 is out to fix the bug on simple mode .
Kyle Flanagan - November 23, 2008 at 11:29am
Twelve hours so far in 2.2 and I feel the Push performance is better when compared to 2.1.
Prev 1 of 3 Next