Geohot Reverses iOS 7 Evasi0n Jailbreak, Posts Write-up [Read]

Geohot Reverses iOS 7 Evasi0n Jailbreak, Posts Write-up [Read]

Posted December 24, 2013 at 1:58am by iClarified · 20 comments · Add Comment
yellowstone - December 26, 2013 at 3:56pm
Here's my 2 cents. The main reason I and many others JB their iphone's is out of pure curiosity, to compare what's on the apple store to what's on the JB stores and experience what's a JB about (many non-developers and many c# / ruby / java developers like tinkering with JB since it's something new). Lets be honest, how did a feature like blocking calls (settings, phone, blocked) get added to iOS7 ? This was added to iOS5.1.1 via JB. There are so many great apps on JB which is not on apple store, so its another reason to JB. Oh yes, off course you will always get those who JB for free apps, but how of those non-paid apps do they use daily (perhaps 5 ?). Unless you are referring to games, i'd say most people don't JB for free apps.
Steve jobs - December 24, 2013 at 2:22pm
It's not all about piracy, I dont jb my ishit for piracy but more for the tweaks basic stuff that apple forget to include, I don't blame hackers for being greedy who wouldn't be tempted by 350k and more but some people will always do it because it can't be done and that's the challenge
Fukjohn Rah - December 24, 2013 at 3:04pm
You mean iSuperiors, not iShit.
Kornmehl - December 24, 2013 at 3:45pm
I believe that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the jailbreak process. The developers do the initial jailbreak for the challenge. There are hundreds, possibly even thousands, who can perform this first step. There is then a select few who create an automated jailbreak for those millions who are less skilled. This is the part that usually takes the most time. It also involves significant coordination with others and some significant copyright issues. It is the latter step which is at risk of disappearing as these folks realize that piracy is the main reason that the millions applaud their work.
Steve jobs - December 24, 2013 at 11:59am
True hackers do it for the challenge, so their will always be someone trying, greedy fcuks will always mess it up for others!!!
Kornmehl - December 24, 2013 at 12:53pm
True. And true hackers are generally so socially inept that they do no realize the larger impact of their actions. However, this latest event made the secondary effects of their hacking too obvious to be missed. Even the nerdiest of them will realize that they are not admired for their skills; they are simply appreciated for making piracy possible on a grand scale.
kolo - December 24, 2013 at 7:52am
Yo geohot! you must be incredible angry to loose 350k $$$ :)))))) Loser :]]]
George nooks - December 24, 2013 at 4:24am
Thank god I switched to android so I don't need to worry about this shot anymore.
K - December 24, 2013 at 4:54am
You did this why? If you don't want jb don't do it.
Kornmehl - December 24, 2013 at 3:40am
Now that people (belatedly) realize that most of the hunger for jailbreaking is due to piracy, I doubt anyone else is going to aggressively pursue looking for a jailbreak. The pirates can play with their Androids.
odedo1 - December 24, 2013 at 3:25am
Russell, it seems to me that history is out this time, maybe next time the team will find every breach necessary and will sell it to the Chinese for a lot of cash and the Chinese will write the jailbreak and sell it to us.
odedo1 - December 24, 2013 at 3:18am
Sorry I meant to type breach.
odedo1 - December 24, 2013 at 3:14am
After I heard the messed up story I was talking to Jay ( Zaurik ) and I totally agree that greed messed everything up, I'll be surprised if there will be more jailbreaks which is totally messed up because if it wasn't for greed this jailbreak would have worked on 7.1, the story about the birch being blocked by 7.1 is bull the fact is that it this jailbreak works on 7.1 Beta 2, like I said greed greed greed! And if we ever see another jailbreak it's only because iOS 7 is new and there are many new birches to be found, I only don't know who will do it after this mess.
Albert - December 24, 2013 at 2:52am
Damn this kid is Smart! Jailbreak is getting easier!! Why? How many hackers had it? 1-Evad3rs, 2-Geohot, 3-Even Saudik was working on it, why because IOS 7 is so buggy that there are so many errors in the code that made it easy for them to crack it!!
K - December 24, 2013 at 3:09am
Steve jobs like maybe born for this?
Prev 1 of 2 Next