"The Zune music player is an integral part of the overall Zune experience and we're proud to be growing and extending our offering beyond the device," said Enrique Rodriguez, corporate vice president of the Microsoft TV, Video and Music Business Group. "Delivering on Microsoft's connected entertainment vision; this news marks a turning point for Zune as it brings cross-platform experiences and premium video content to living rooms around the world."
Zune Service Expands to New Platform
Zune will be a premium partner in the Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace, bringing an exciting catalogue of TV and film to the platform. Zune will occupy the first slot within the Xbox user interface in the Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace, exposing the Zune brand experience to millions of new consumers for the first time. At the Electronic Entertainment Expo next week, attendees will see first-hand how Zune integrates into Xbox LIVE creating a game-changing entertainment experience.
Introducing Zune HD
Zune HD is the next iteration of the Zune device family and brings a new level of listening and viewing experiences to the portable media player category.
· Zune HD comes with a built-in HD Radio receiver so users can listen to higher quality sound than traditional radio on the go. Users will also have access to the additional song and artist data broadcasted by HD Radio stations as well as additional channels from their favorite stations multicasting in HD if you don't like the song playing on your station's HD channel, switch to their HD2 or HD3 channels for additional programming
· The bright OLED touch screen interface allows users to flip through music, movies and other content with ease, and the 16:9 widescreen format display offers a premium viewing experience on the go
· The HD compatible output lets Zune HD customers playback video from the device through a premium HDMI A/V docking station
· Zune HD will include a full screen internet browser optimized for multi-touch
· Zune HD is wi-fi enabled allowing for instant streaming to the device from the more than 5 million track Zune music store