Apple Considers Completely Terminating Music Downloads 'Within 2 Years'

Apple Considers Completely Terminating Music Downloads 'Within 2 Years'

Polycarp® - May 14, 2016 at 4:53pm
I lost all my Music and videos
clown - May 14, 2016 at 4:10pm
What exactly would happen to all your old music you bought. They would have provide the music as long their in existence if you bought it.
iProService - May 13, 2016 at 12:37am
Music downloads will always be necessary, how else will one be able to play music on an iPad or iPod or even an iPhone when camping, on a plane, on the space station, on a mountain, out at sea, etc, etc, etc
Tinman - May 12, 2016 at 12:55pm
So if you have Apple Music subscription you can still locally store music on your device?
Rodrigo_Camargo - May 12, 2016 at 11:56am
BUNCH OF IDIOTS, the "download" feature they are talking about is the apple store Download (Buy & download) not the Spotify/ apple music (Pay subscription - Download or Stream). The headline is misleading..... Click bait guys...
joshWUa - May 12, 2016 at 4:06am
Lies!!!
Timy1979 - May 12, 2016 at 2:53am
Didn't Apple already come out and say the rumor is a bunch of crap.
Raul Menendez - May 12, 2016 at 2:50am
Welp. Going to switch to samsung if this actually happens. Way to go Apple.
Ban the Trolls - May 12, 2016 at 3:12am
Why would Apple dropping music downloads make you switch to Samsung? That sounds idiotic and makes no sense at all. I dont even think Samsung has a music store anymore and I think they're dropping milk music too. There's other alternatives out there for downloading music that you can still play on the iPhone or in iTunes. Or you can just use frostwire and download stuff for free.
Tinman - May 12, 2016 at 2:37am
Not only will you not be able to stream without paying for wifi on a plane but what about the people with small cell data packages who really on downloaded music for the car.. That doesn't even make sense to me unless I'm missing something here
Ban the Trolls - May 12, 2016 at 3:16am
Downloaded music from Apple Music can be listened to offline just like you can with normal iTunes downloaded music.
Matttt - May 12, 2016 at 3:22am
But what if you don't want to pay for the monthly fee? $10 a month ads up
Ban the Trolls - May 12, 2016 at 3:27am
That's true for some people but if you're the type of person that downloads and pays for more than $120 a year worth of music it's worth it. Then you get access to everything. There's other alternatives out there too where you can download music and still listen to it on iPods or iPhones and have that music in iTunes. There's always torrents too.
Ban the Trolls - May 12, 2016 at 3:38am
I don't see this happening though. People that come out with stories like this said the same thing about iPods and even macs and they're still around. Like you said not everyone wants too or can afford to pay $10 a month. They just want to download an album or song here and there. Apple has to keep that in mind. Closing it completely down and losing any business from people that just want to download makes that money go elsewhere. No matter how small of an amount it is. Plus I think there would be a backlash from the artists also. I just don't see this happening. Oh and P. S. If you're a student you can get Apple Music for $5 a month. Just found out about it and signed up. Not bad for $60 a year.
(>~>) - May 12, 2016 at 4:26am
For a lot of people if you just factor in the extra $10 as apart of your phone bill it's not too big of a difference however, in some cases I totally agree with you it can be expensive.
Captain Japan - May 12, 2016 at 1:44am
I guess I'll have to download music elsewhere.