Install SSH with a Take 2 Patchstick (Easier)

Posted March 13, 2008 at 12:45am by iClarified · 184 comments · Add Comment
Richard - September 11, 2008 at 5:44am
I have just tried to hack my AppleTV to run an external USB HD. Everything went fine, I enabled SSH and can even view the external HD when it is connected to the AppleTV. However I can not see the AppleTV within iTunes. I am running 2.1 on my Apple TV and I used the 2.1 OS Boot file. Is there a 2.1 file for the Patchstick file? Thanks in advance.
michaelnau - September 10, 2008 at 6:13pm
I have received the same error messages, beginning below this line: ln: /Volumes/Patchstick-root/bin/sbin: File exists Copying System Extentions... cp: Files/System/Library/Extensions/IOACPIFamily.kext: No such file or directory cp: Files/System/Library/Extensions/AudioIPCDriver.kext: No such file or directory cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory Files/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Resources with non-directory Files/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Resources Copying System files... Adding Kerberos... cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory Files/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/Current cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Resources with non-directory Files/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Resources Is there anything on this issue? Much appreciated! michaelnau
Dan - August 12, 2008 at 7:55pm
I have a 1.1 aTV which I have updated to the latest take two software. In step 6 above, should I d/l the 1.1 update anyway? If so, does anyone know where to get it? The link is no longer valid.
Cedric Diggory - August 9, 2008 at 3:52am
Was this made on a Leopard machine with just the Tiger install CD? Or does the machine also have to be running Tiger?
allefralle - August 6, 2008 at 3:55pm
Hello Im getting this message when doing the last step in greating an patchstick. Copying System Extentions... cp: Files/System/Library/Extensions/IOACPIFamily.kext: No such file or directory cp: Files/System/Library/Extensions/AudioIPCDriver.kext: No such file or directory Anyone having the ide what could be wrong?? Thanks for any help...
onlyjay - July 31, 2008 at 3:58am
last post sorry :p (and maybe this one too ;) )
onlyjay - July 31, 2008 at 3:54am
Could someone maybe remove this last past ? :p TanKH, you've already installed atvfiles, nitotv,... ? if you don't, you won't see nothing.
TanKH - July 30, 2008 at 2:34pm
Help! I really need this going as my desktop hard-disk failed and I need to get my files out of the appleTV (it's my only hope - like Luke (but hmmm, Yoda also says there is another, I suppose that would be physical disassembly of the appleTV which I'm trying to avoid). Anyway, I followed all the instructions and it worked fine. Booting up into the patchstick also seemed to work (appleTV 2.1) and the terminal/messages shown is identical to the screenshot in this post. But rebooting appleTV I don't get any new menu items. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
M - July 29, 2008 at 2:52am
RMK, I had the same problem... I fixed after searching the awkwardtv forums (using google I searched for... File exists mkdir: /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff). There is a post there that suggests the following... unmount the stick then sudo rm -r /Volumes/Patchstick-root/ That fixed it for me.
Tony - July 27, 2008 at 8:34pm
This still works for ATV OS 2.1 for those wondering.
Prev 1 of 19 Next