Center Stage uses machine learning to adjust the front-facing Ultra Wide camera during video calls on the iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation) or iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation) to help keep you and anyone else with you in the frame.
What's New in Zoom 5.6.6
● Virtual Background enhancements: Account admins can require users to use virtual background when their video is on, as well as set a default virtual background from the default or custom uploaded options. If the device does not meet the system requirements for virtual background, the user is not able to turn on their video.
● Mobile support for Blurred background: Mobile users can now choose to blur their background rather than selecting a specific virtual background, providing added privacy when a branded background is unavailable or unnecessary.
● Gallery view enhancements (iPad only): When viewing participants in Gallery view, an active speaker is relocated to the current page you are viewing, making it easier to recognize who is speaking without having to flip through pages to find the speaker. This is not supported when utilizing a custom gallery view order. Newer model iPads also now support up to 48 video participants per page, as well as pinch-to-zoom.
● Support for iPad Pro Center Stage face tracking feature (iPad only): The Zoom app takes advantage of the new Center Stage face tracking ability released with 2021 iPad Pros, which tracks the user as they move within the possible video frame. This can be enabled/disabled through an in-meeting option when the device supports this feature, and the decision is remembered for future meetings.
● Enhanced data privacy notices for live streaming: Participants are notified when live streaming begins regarding who can see, save, and share the information before they provide it.
● Enhanced data privacy notices for archived meetings: When joining a meeting that is being archived or archiving begins, participants are notified regarding who can see, save, and share the information before they provide it.
● Enhanced data privacy notices for panelists and unmuted attendees: Joining as a panelist, promoted panelists, and attendees allowed to speak will be informed of the change to who can see, save, and share the information before they provide it with their increased role in a webinar.
● Enhanced data privacy notices for joining webinar without registration: In-context user education for joining a webinar without registration that informs users who can see, save, and share the information before they provide it.
● Minor bug fixes
● Security enhancements
● Resolved an issue regarding answered anonymous questions in Q&A being visible to all, rather than just the anonymous requester
● Resolved an issue for a subset of users regarding duplicate external contact entries
● Resolved an issue regarding failed calls to Côte d’Ivoire due to changes in national numbering plan
You can download ZOOM Cloud Meetings from the App Store for free.