Verizon Plans to Sell iPad Owners on MiFi Data Plans

Verizon Plans to Sell iPad Owners on MiFi Data Plans

Posted March 9, 2010 at 11:29pm by iClarified · 5 comments · Add Comment
Anonmuz - March 11, 2010 at 9:36am
There are reports that Time Warner is offering to help AT&T with the bandwith issues. I, myself wouldn't switch to Verizon for 8Gb a month and paying thirty dollars more a month. The right logic isn't being applied by Verizon, they would surely steal AT&T's iPad customers if the data package was unlimited for a sure connection but at the same time the price is 30 bucks extra and that my be steep for the 'something for nothing' crowd.
Steve - March 10, 2010 at 2:35am
ipad does not even have a USB port so it's going to be hard to plug an Internet dongle into it
Tom Vanimox - March 10, 2010 at 3:02am
Yes it does, it has 3 on the side of it! Its either 3 usb or 2 usb and a firewire, not to sure but go to apple.com and look at the screenshots of the ipad on the front page, you'll see that on the side that there are 3 usb's... =)
jompao - March 10, 2010 at 6:19am
Well it's not a USB dongle you see... It is like a modem for the phonennetwork that then lets people connect to it using wifi. Since my iPhone are jailbroken I can get it to act like a a wifi modem and use a wifi iPad to connect to the internet on my all you can eat dataplan for the iPhone.
Rajesh - March 10, 2010 at 8:54am
MiFi does not need USB port, it is a portable router (with battery) and takes 3G internet via built in modem and provides WiFi as output. In this case iPad or any other devices with connect to it via WiFi.
Prev 1 of 1 Next