WARNING: Apple Has Put a Baseband Requirement on iOS

WARNING: Apple Has Put a Baseband Requirement on iOS

Posted November 23, 2010 at 11:45am by iClarified · 14 comments · Add Comment
sovannachea - July 30, 2011 at 8:29am
Mine problem is i have iphone 3gs (lock from canada) the previous verson is 4.0.2 and i try to update to 4.1 after that the restoration complete then my iphone get lock by basebande requirement. when i put my local sim card it not unlock by the itune. and i also try to jailbreak but it does not work because i can not run in to the application on iphone. in this case can you hacker sold this problem. for now my iphone got stuck with the itune logo with the plug.
Andre - November 25, 2010 at 11:54am
I am so tired of Apple's cat-and-mouse game. I will go for Android. Give me a break! Get a life, Jobs
Kiro Velkovski - November 28, 2010 at 7:23am
Android is pretty closed, too
Dt - November 24, 2010 at 12:11am
Correct me if I m wrong I thought jailbreaking n unlock has been declared legal. Under that thought, would preventing users from jailbreaking n unlocking will be illegal, won't it?
Dt - November 24, 2010 at 12:13am
Edit: grammar mistake Correct me if I m wrong I thought jailbreaking n unlock has been declared legal. Under that thought, preventing users from jailbreaking n unlocking will be illegal, won't it?
Travis - November 24, 2010 at 12:29am
No, this is not illegal at all. Apple can do whatever they want with their software updates, they just can't sue users for breaking the protections that they put in place. For me, it feels like the golden age of iPhone unlocking is over. I have a feeling that this baseband requirement is going to be an enormous pain in the ass. There's literally no telling when I'll be able to upgrade my iPhone 4 now, and that's disappointing.
Leonick - November 24, 2010 at 7:02am
As said it is not illegal for apple to try and stop jailbreaking actually, I would have to say it's their responsibility, not to stop jailbreaking but it sure is to fix the security holes used to jailbreak
TD - November 23, 2010 at 5:39pm
not true!! i have a factory unlocked iPhone, i updated to 4.2.1 not knowing allot of apps were not compatible yet, i rolled back to 4.1, and used tiny umbrella to kick my device out of recovery. now iam on 4,1 with basband 05.15.04 and seems to work perfectly
Travis - November 23, 2010 at 6:01pm
This only applies to the iPhone 4.
z0r - November 23, 2010 at 9:43pm
this affected on iOS 4.2 or later. try again later if you updated 4.3 then downgrade to 4.2
DOG - November 23, 2010 at 10:11pm
THE SAME WITH MY 3GS WHITE FONE
billy - November 23, 2010 at 10:40pm
So tired of apples crap they dont belive in freedom so they can suck my dick fuck steve job and fuck apple. I have decided to sell my iphone and do not give fuck about any their products. Their are plenty of other phones for this kind of money.
drkztan - November 24, 2010 at 2:58pm
good story bro! and good luck finding a substitute :)
Ecua4ever - November 25, 2010 at 8:29pm
I am so tired of Apple's cat-and-mouse game. I will go for Android. Give me a break! Get a life, fack steve Jobs
Prev 1 of 1 Next