September 27, 2022
Apple is Working on Smaller iPhone That Will Cost $200 Without Contract?

Apple is Working on Smaller iPhone That Will Cost $200 Without Contract?

Posted February 10, 2011 at 4:53pm · 19 comments · Add Comment
$horty
$horty - February 12, 2011 at 1:24pm
Think there gonna call it the iPhone Midget lol
iSpeculate
iSpeculate - February 11, 2011 at 5:47pm
So 2 un-named people said they "saw" a prototype last year, there were rumors that never happened in 2009, and then iClarified wraps it up with "It may happen later this year, or earlier, or it could get scrapped." Thanks for reporting on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Stephen
Stephen - February 11, 2011 at 10:07am
I hear they are coming out with a model they just install into your skull and you access it with Brainwaves provided you have some. sorry I could not resist
Tera
Tera - February 11, 2011 at 9:52am
I and my family has been waiting for a smaller iphone. We shall be very happy with smaller iphone because we mainly want to use them as phones. Hurry up apple we are waiting.
Dave
Dave - February 11, 2011 at 7:08am
Squeeze All the iPhone hardware (except the retina display) into a smaller phone... I don't think it would be sheaper...
tunger
tunger - February 11, 2011 at 11:13am
I disagree. First of all, material costs would be lower. Less materials = less money. So the overall cost to build would be less. But you also have to consider the margins. Apple could sell a smaller phone at a lower price with smaller margins than a full-sized iPhone, so the cost to the consumer would be less than a full size phone. Apple would just make less money than they would from a full size phone. So why would they do that, you might ask. Well, if this is in fact an accurate report, Apple's thinking is along the lines of expanding the sales reach to people would not otherwise buy a full-size, more expensive phone. In other words, the smaller ipphone sales wouldn't cannabalize full size phone sales/margins, but would instead give apple broader reach and an incremental revenue stream. On top of that, they can probably count on some of those additional customers to upgrade to a larger phone at some point in the future. It makes perfect sense.
stuart Buchanan
stuart Buchanan - February 11, 2011 at 4:49am
I would love this for my kids. they would love it too
Tunger
Tunger - February 11, 2011 at 11:20am
I'm not much for preaching, but this is a topic that I am very sensitive to. The questions about cell phone radiation and links to cancer/brain tumors is still open and one of great debate. That said, the scientific community does agree that when using a cell phone, the tissues in the head do heat up, and while the link to cancer has not been proven, the risk to children of problems is much, much higher because their brain tissues are still in active development. Anyone with children should ask themselves if the benefits of their children having a cell phone are worth the incredible risks to their long-term health, development and well-being. For me, the answer is absolutely not.
me
me - February 11, 2011 at 12:44am
wow that's totally useless! How are you going text?
Sam Shah
Sam Shah - February 10, 2011 at 11:12pm
Gotta See it to believe it!!!
MeganOUFC
MeganOUFC - February 10, 2011 at 7:09pm
I love the big screen on my iPhone. But I can see the appeal for some People, that being that it is easier to pop into a pocket etc, but for me it would be easier to loose!!!
Asm
Asm - February 10, 2011 at 7:07pm
I don't lile that apple in order to be competitive will make a product that won't worth !