September 25, 2022
iPhone 3G Reception Issues

iPhone 3G Reception Issues

Posted July 13, 2008 at 7:13pm · 6 comments · Add Comment
Alex W
Alex W - July 15, 2008 at 10:06am
I am awaiting good prices in europe for the iphone3G - I think the 3G problem is only in the US - since we have a wide range coverage of 3G networks in europe. Any europeans complaining? They will start selling the i3G in august with a prepaid card at Swisscom... /A
Steve
Steve - July 14, 2008 at 10:38am
but what really aggrivates me now is that the device is smart. I cannot use an iPod car charger, I have to use one specifically made for the iPhone or it disables charging. This phone was a step in the right direction but I would rather have waited another year til they got it right. I love the iPhone design and what it can do but I need a phone more than I need it's features, and that's where I feel this "phone" fails
Steve
Steve - July 14, 2008 at 10:18am
anonymous
anonymous - July 14, 2008 at 10:13am
Ive experienced similar issues with the battery life and especially the reception. Especially if you use the gps, i do accept that however since gps devices themselves are plugged in while navigating ; )
e_whizz
e_whizz - July 14, 2008 at 3:54am
The reception is better than 2g for me. But certainly not as good as other 2g or 3g phones. I would suggest the person above who lives right near a cell tower is living right near a 2g cell tower. And that the 2g cell tower is interfering with the 3g signal from a not so near cell tower. The battery life definitely sucks. Turn off push. Don't add a Exchange account. that helps, but isn't that (two of) the very reason(s) to upgrade to this new phone? Sheesh.
steve
steve - July 13, 2008 at 7:17pm
not only does reception suck but so does the battery life. I feel like I must leave the house with the charger if I am to use the phone at all, and if I want to be able to make or receive calls later I just have to avoid the temptation of using the phone.