September 30, 2022
New Microsoft 'I'm a PC' Ad Airs [Watch It]

New Microsoft 'I'm a PC' Ad Airs [Watch It]

Posted September 18, 2008 at 10:33pm · 26 comments · Add Comment
rodr2257
rodr2257 - September 21, 2008 at 1:03pm
it was pretty good... to be honest!
Lyrrad
Lyrrad - September 19, 2008 at 1:07pm
Robert: My comment was not pointed at you. But now that you've raised the point, nothing about this ad is stolen. Apple started the mudslinging with the “I’m a PC” and “I’m a Mac” ads, but this ad does not sling back, in fact the Mac or Apple is not mentioned. They take the high road and only seek to break the stereotype Apple has been promoting about PC’s. The one character appears for about 7 sec. and the rest of the ad looks nothing like the Apple ad, so what’s stolen? If you can dish it you better be prepared to take it, but in this case they aren’t even throwing a punch.
Rb29
Rb29 - September 19, 2008 at 12:07pm
PC >>>>> F' a Mac
Pong
Pong - September 19, 2008 at 10:05am
Bah! Both MacOSX and Windows are basically the same thing. One has a taskbar, the other has a dock. One has menus on the windows, one has a menubar at the top. They run the same processors and GFX-cards. There really are only two differences; 1. it's a little easier to find your windows on MS Windows (no pun intended), 2. after 6 months to a year a PC becomes annoyingly slow and unresponsive and will need to be re-installed, while the Mac does not. Anyway, say what you will about this commercial, but one thing's for sure: it didn't make me want to go out and buy anything...
Cadu
Cadu - September 19, 2008 at 10:02am
PS: spent = spend Sorry for my english
Cadu
Cadu - September 19, 2008 at 10:00am
Smart add,much better than the seinfeld nonsense. But for all Windows fans let me say this: I used PC's my entire life and bought my first Mac 2 years ago. The plain simple fact is that Mac's are better computers. There is no way you can argue with that. It's true that Mac cost more, have less software and i DO understand that is much harder to built a OS for 1 zillion different computers. But this does not change the fact that macs are better. They don't crash , no BSD , no "cancel or allow" in every click and OS X is much,much,much easier to use than windows. So if you think that is better to spent 400 bucks every couple of years in a PC , ok. I prefer to spent 1.500 and keep the Mac for over 5 years (Does ANYONE ever used a PC for that long?) anyway, Be Happy with your not cool, ugly, junk PC Just kidding
Telia
Telia - September 19, 2008 at 9:49am
Telia
Telia - September 19, 2008 at 9:44am
This ad is great! The thing I dislike most about Apple is this idea that buying a Apple product is a lifestyle choice. This is what the I'm a Mac ads reflect; PC's are useless and Mac's are clean, young and trendy. What I think MS are saying in this ad is that there is no Windows stereotype. This sounds really obvious but its taken this ad to show me that MS don't want to have a brand stereotypical image like Apple chooses. Also notice how Apple aren't afraid of slinging mud at Microsoft but how Microsoft raises above it to show that they are not what Apple make them out to be.
sHUT uP
sHUT uP - September 19, 2008 at 9:36am
Bottom Line: THE ARE BOTH RIPPING US OFF!!! Mac is for designing ONLY!!!! Windows is for designing, gaming, and programs... but in the end, both suck!!! now Mac and PC SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!
phillypc
phillypc - September 19, 2008 at 9:02am
These ads cost MS pocket change. They will always control the market, i use a hackintosh that i made myself and i have 2 pc's....i use the mac to sync and jailbreak my iphone..and the pc for everything else...im just sick of all the damn apple fanboys who think Apple is all there is...good for you thats all you use, but like some have said below that we think for ourselves...competition is good for all of us...but competition of who is better on forums, blogs and msg boards is pointless