How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Without Updating the Baseband (Windows) [5.0.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Without Updating the Baseband (Windows) [5.0.1]

Caglar - January 12, 2012 at 9:32pm
well i carried out all the instructions to the letter and cannot get rid of the error 2005. i changed the USB ports, reinstalled all apple software but to no avail. still error 2005. can anybody help please?
fateh - January 11, 2012 at 2:54pm
Hello, I have iphone 4 running on 4.3.5 (BB-04.10.01) and factory unlocked i gess …Please advice, if I can update with custom ipsw 5.0.1 and jailbreak with redsn0w , the sim will still unlocked ?
SRVee - January 11, 2012 at 6:14pm
If you have a factory unlocked phone , then there is no need to keep the lower baseband (this is only needed to maintain your unlock using ultrasnow). If youre sure you have a factory unlock then use this guide https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=18989
Janex - January 11, 2012 at 1:55pm
If I want to keep using gevey sim can I just update to 5.0.1. with custom IPSW without jailbreak?
Aris - January 10, 2012 at 7:15pm
Hi all....do i need to backup my Cydia/Installous/AppStore Apps/Packages/Tweaks before i jailbreak using Redsn0w (without updating my baseband since i need the unlock)?....can anyone help me pls?
Marcelo - January 8, 2012 at 9:40pm
Hello! I have a 3Gs iPhone jailbreaked and unlocked by myself in the firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 06.15.00 ( the ipad baseband ) and i wanted to upgrade it to iOS 5.0.1. I did everything this tutorial told me to do, but it seems it didn't jailbreaked and hactivated automatically, since I have the configuration screen on my iPhone right now. I want to now what are the next steps and hopefully somebody can help me. I might be wrong but I think I've already lost all my contacts and maybe the use of the phone. Looking forward for some help Marcelo
SRVee - January 8, 2012 at 10:49pm
You really have to back up your phone before you restore it. Itunes should do this for you and restore from back up when youre finished. Dont know what you mean by configuration screen ? If you have 5.0.1 installed, open redsnow, click extras, select ipsw, point it at the genuine 5.0.1 ipsw. click back to the jailbreak screen and click on jailbreak, follow the instructions to put into dfu pawned and youre done. once the jailbreak finishes you can go into cydia, search , ultrasnow and install to unlock.
Todd - January 7, 2012 at 3:13am
After you go through with the jailbreak, are you able to unlock an iPhone 4 which has 04.11.08? If not, there is no way to downgrade the baseband, correct?
jtcfc26 - January 4, 2012 at 9:38pm
I restored my 3gs with 5.12.01 to the custom firmware and then when trying to jailbreak it, it stays in recovery mode. Redsn0w doesn't recognize that it's in DFU mode and doesn't let me proceed to the next step of jailbreaking it. Please help!
The_Mister - January 10, 2012 at 1:37pm
Use Tiny Umbrella to kick out of recovery mode..
Jorge Solis - January 2, 2012 at 5:52pm
Hi. Thanks a lot for your contribution, jailbreak works nice and unlock too. One thing that I've found is that notifications for apps as Twitter, Whatsapp and HeyTell are not working any more. I try to correct this in ajusts/notifications but still not working, any idea what's going on?
EPcy - January 2, 2012 at 1:11pm
It's the 1st time I'm going to jailbreak my iphone 3gs on my own and I just need some verification on this. After step sixteen, I will follow the instructions for "JAILBREAK AND INSTALL CYDIA" right? And after I finish that, then I will proceed with the the "BOOT TETHERED". Is that correct?
The_Mister - January 10, 2012 at 1:42pm
Not if you are using redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3 since this enables untethered boot on 3GS.
EPcy - January 11, 2012 at 6:26pm
So if i use a newer version of redsnow its going to be untethered? The thing is that I don't want to update my baseband since I need to unlock it later with ultrasnow.
ST - January 2, 2012 at 9:25am
When adding the source "repo666" the applications fails to fetch.