How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Without Updating the Baseband (Windows) [5.0.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Without Updating the Baseband (Windows) [5.0.1]

Chan - January 2, 2012 at 7:16am
I m trying to build the cutom IPSW but when i opne redsnow & click on extras / Custom IPSW...the process intitaes but ends with an error " Memory Exhausted" " Custom IPSW creation failed" I m using win XP, redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3 & iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.
memory - June 12, 2012 at 7:47pm
it's simple if you had windows XP , go to redsn0ow proprieties and chek compatibility with windows 2000 start your redsn0w and create your no BB file easily and without problem tested by me tornaditoo
Matt - December 30, 2011 at 6:26am
This process will not jailbreak/unlock your device. It simply gets you into a safe position to do so. After you have compleated this process, simply go back to redsnow and hit jailbreak. I skipped the 'Select IPSW' step because i wanted to have nothing to do with the stock firmware, and redsnow detected the FW automatically. From here, go to Cydia and enter the ultrasn0w repo and download ultrasn0w 1.2.5 I followed these step and am now on 5.0.1 BB 5.13.04 with T-Mobile USA
Ali - January 2, 2012 at 6:55am
Thanks Matt! gonna try it now!
MOSTAFA - December 29, 2011 at 1:11pm
I GOT STUCK WITH DFU I have 3GS updated to 5.0.1 from 4.0.1, saved baseband using ultrasn0w after iTunes finished restore it returned to DFU mode, till now i failed to bring it back tried to Boot from redsn0w, recovery fix, tinyumbrella recovery fix, iReb, repeating restore, all failed to bring it back Any IDEAS?????
Jack - December 29, 2011 at 5:13am
(iPhone 4) got an error code 10 when i got to the steps where i have to restore in iTunes. What does code 10 means? I am stock in the DFU mode with the iTunes logo and the USB. What should i do? Seems like i will be losing my baseband. Currently on 01.59.00. Please help.
nathan - January 1, 2012 at 5:58pm
same thing happend to me. Update Itunes to 5.0.1 and then redo the method starting from PWNED dfu mode
Hamzah - December 28, 2011 at 9:15pm
hi there, first of all I would really like to thank you for the update...it is awesome!!! however i have the issue for which: my iphone 3gs was updated from 3.1.3 to 5.0.1 but its not jailbroken and it HAS preserved its baseband...how would you suggest i jailbreak it now? without losing the preserved baseband??
Matt - December 30, 2011 at 5:46am
i have the same question!!
Matt - December 30, 2011 at 6:11am
I have solved this issue. See my post above
1BAR - December 28, 2011 at 6:45pm
upgrade w/ baseband 01.59.00 worked, but i only get 1 bar signal on my iphone 4.same thing happen w/ 5.0 upgrade w/ customispw. any fix??
Butchoy - December 30, 2011 at 5:41pm
install ultrasn0w in cydia. type it in cydia search field.
James Rintamaki - December 28, 2011 at 5:50pm
I assume we can use this method with the latest redsn0w to upgrade to 5.0.1, maintain baseband for unlock, and be able to have an untethered jailbreak?
James RIntamaki - December 29, 2011 at 1:52pm
for anyone else who had this same question, one does indeed follow this guide to upgrade to 5.0.1 while preserving baseband (using the custom ipsw you create in this guide), and then follow the normal jailbreaking guide using the normal, non-custom ipsw when actually doing the jailbreak button.
Nikko - December 27, 2011 at 6:14pm
Every time I try to do a custom restore in itunes, I get error 1602. How do I fix this??
Ram - December 29, 2011 at 9:04pm
Make sure that your host file doesn't have address for Saurik's server. Remove that entry and it should work. It worked for me
daleingco - January 1, 2012 at 6:48am
i also get error 1602. how can i remove Saurik's server and remove the entry?...
Random - December 27, 2011 at 10:58am
How do I solve error 2005. I've tried everything from changing the position of the USB to reinstalling iTunes. Please help.
rilex0423 - December 27, 2011 at 6:47am
i'm try on iphone 4 ios 5.0.1, it always pop up a window said " memory exhausted ", what is the problem?
test - December 28, 2011 at 2:52am
it's a ram issue. my desktop had 3gb and i got this issue. then i tried my laptop that has 8gb and it worked fine. good luck!
audiophileAJ - December 28, 2011 at 6:12am
I encountered the same error (Win7 64-bit, 4 GB RAM). Tried killing all non-essential processes, and then tried re-booting the computer, all to no avail. What actually worked was running in 'Windows XP (SP2)' compatibility mode, rather than Win 98/Me. Hope this helps.