Judge Orders AT&T to Pay Customer $850 for Throttling His Unlimited Data Plan

Judge Orders AT&T to Pay Customer $850 for Throttling His Unlimited Data Plan

justabrake - February 26, 2012 at 4:48pm
shepard smith from foxnews and and editor from mashable were talking about how ATT&T gets you in with an unlimited data plan and then throttles you and the editor from mashable said phones were'n like that when they offered you unlimited he said now you have 8MP cameras in phones which make data high, and shepared said I guess we can't do nothing about it and the editor said nope.
Pain Reaper - February 26, 2012 at 4:20pm
2 GB usage puts you in the top 5% users!?!? That's not even the bottom (% users in Sweden.. More like bottom 2%..
Pain Reaper - February 26, 2012 at 4:23pm
*bottom 5%
Bryron - February 25, 2012 at 4:31pm
I very well understand why he did that and also I am having the same problem with AT&T with my unlimited plan.
Unlimited AT - February 25, 2012 at 10:31am
Well played Matt Spaccarelli fuck AT&T!
Big D - February 25, 2012 at 5:40am
That's right AT
Real abe - February 25, 2012 at 3:19am
They took away my unlimited plan and automatically switched me to the tiered 3 gb data plan. Can I sue?
Justabrake - February 25, 2012 at 3:26am
Take them to small claims court itll only cost 15 bucks to see how far you'll get
Real abe - February 25, 2012 at 7:57am
Will I need to hire an attorney to get anywhere with it? Because I'll do it if I know I won't be wasting my time.
Budsal - February 25, 2012 at 3:43pm
My experience tells me that any court case needs to be viewed as a probable waste of time and money. When you win though the high is a good one.
John - February 26, 2012 at 8:13am
Hey of people nowadays sue for HOT coffee then why not you???
Justabrake - February 25, 2012 at 1:49am
This is why i don't take paperless billing I want proof of my usage
dodgerking - February 25, 2012 at 2:00am
You can check your usage online at anytime. They even have a usage APP for you phone as well.
Why - February 24, 2012 at 11:50pm
@busal also this iPhone don't support aws witch is what t mobile uses but the next will
MRod057 - February 25, 2012 at 12:35am
i wish I could Sue them they've been doing the same bullshit to me!!!
Jay - February 24, 2012 at 11:36pm
Thats why i left !! After 6 Years And You Screw Me Than F*** Ya !
Nick - February 24, 2012 at 11:39pm
The only reason I haven't left is that Verizon no longer offers unlimited data plans and I don't like T-Mobile or Sprint.
Nick - February 24, 2012 at 11:07pm
This is the cue for all the douchebag attorney's out there, come get your money for the big class action lawsuit in which the people actually affected by it only receive pennies on the dollar and you take the majority of the settlement.
budsal - February 24, 2012 at 11:33pm
I fear you are right. Hopefully this is really just a cue for companies who have unlimited plans that they have to make good on the word unlimited. It's clear that a throttled data plan is usless and thusly the unlimited is truly limited and therefore a lie to call it unlimited. Bad business. Even worse though is that you cannot get a straight answer. Top 5% is bullshit. ATT store rep told me after 2gigs you get throttled. Two days ago a telephone support rep told me I will get throttled after 5gigs. The truth is there is no truth and we all are subject to the whims of big bullys, er ah... big businesses.
Nick - February 24, 2012 at 11:37pm
They should not be holding the unlimited users to a standard that is different from the tiered data users as far as throttling goes, but sadly that's what it sounds like they're doing. That's just bad business. They're just trying as hard as possible to get people off the unlimited plans and onto the tiered plans so they can make more money.