September 27, 2022
iPhone 5 Reaches Manufacturing Phase, Glass/Aluminum Back Panel?

iPhone 5 Reaches Manufacturing Phase, Glass/Aluminum Back Panel?

Posted July 14, 2012 at 6:50pm · 18 comments · Add Comment
Locutus
Locutus - July 16, 2012 at 2:43am
Apple will more than use the same naming convention with the next iPhone that they used with the current iPad and call it The New iPhone. It's very doubtful that they will use the designation, iPhone 5 since it will not coincide with the iOS designation it will be using by the phone like with previous iPhone incarnations.........in this case iOS 6. Since calling the next iPhone the "iPhone 6" would be confusing to consumers, using the name, "The New iPhone" makes perfect sense. Of course, like the statements being made in this ridiculous articles about the materials being used in the next iPhone, what I've said is pure speculation and nothing more. However, I'd venture to say that my predictions are more likely to come true than Apple adopting the designs shown in those non-Apple endorsed mockup photos.
jj
jj - July 15, 2012 at 6:58pm
lol they made it taller ? looks ugly
FredJ
FredJ - July 15, 2012 at 8:28am
FACT: There willl not be iPhone 5 it will be called "The new iPhone". FACT 2': The iPhone will contain the same candy-iOS-for-dummies - which you can install to your Old iPhone... such a waste of time waiting for new Jesus Phone. I think going to jump of the wagon to Lumia side, at least its something NEW - Fresh - top to bottom.
Lumia=gay
Lumia=gay - July 15, 2012 at 3:44pm
Fact: Fredj thinks a Lumia is a good phone. Fact: Lumias are gay
Bartender
Bartender - July 15, 2012 at 2:16am
Hey kid! you just left your iPhone 5 at the bar and forgot to pay for your Absinthe Shot! Lol
wittybob
wittybob - July 15, 2012 at 12:53am
Aluminum. Glass. Now more aluminum. "Droppers", get ready to own another iPhone that is slippery to hold in your hands, time to get a new Otterbox, ha ha
xoleras
xoleras - July 14, 2012 at 10:00pm
looks like asshole I hope they make it wider, which I think they will, apple doesnt make anything with 16x9 ratio its all 16x10
Tim
Tim - July 14, 2012 at 11:57pm
iPhone 4 is not 16:10 nor 16:9. IPhone 4 is 960x480 which makes it 16:8.
Tim is dumb
Tim is dumb - July 15, 2012 at 5:54pm
Tim, please go back to math class and learn ratios again. 16:8 is not a proper ratio. it's 2:1, not 16:8. 960 is double of 480, therefore 2:1. duh. plz shut up and die!
justabrake
justabrake - July 15, 2012 at 6:08pm
it might turn out like this at the end > http://goo.gl/0bv0m http://www.imore.com/16-9-iphone
Canggu
Canggu - November 22, 2012 at 3:56pm
Nov29sunnyjan1 hey, my fone is in pwnd dfu mode, I cant take it out of dfu mode, can you please help me with it there is just a blank sceern with apple logo on it .. Also itunes won't recognize it.. thanks
Sabi
Sabi - November 22, 2012 at 3:56pm
This information is off the hioozl!
Okay
Okay - July 14, 2012 at 9:32pm
Assssholllle
Assssholllle - July 14, 2012 at 9:10pm
All this bs rumors this isn't new at all
Boob
Boob - July 14, 2012 at 7:33pm
I see that they recanted their last statement from "release date" to "announce date". Haha , pathetic.
Frank
Frank - July 14, 2012 at 7:39pm
It was always 'announce'
Kiss My Ass
Kiss My Ass - July 14, 2012 at 8:48pm
When 'Boob' said 'pathetic,' she was talking about herself. Pathetic, indeed!
Okay
Okay - July 14, 2012 at 9:31pm
Here's the link he's talking about fags.