"In ensuring that Script Debugger continues to be the ultimate AppleScript authoring tool, we're dogged about enhancing features and functionality that make our software indispensable to both seasoned and novice scripters" says company president Mark Alldritt.
A portion of maintenance issues include:
* Script Debugger now pastes object specifiers as a series of nested tell blocks instead of as one long object reference. There is a new preference setting in the Editing preferences panel to turn this new behavior on and off.
* Improved Balance command and the auto-closing of AppleScript blocks.
* The 'file spec' document property has been renamed 'file'. This change corrects a terminology conflict that caused AppleScript to rewrite 'file spec' as 'file' following a compile.
* Addressed a problem where references to 'path' outside a tell block generated incorrect 4-character codes (as compared to Apple's Script Editor).
* Script Debugger now allows you to continue when it detects that there are duplicate symbols coming from libraries.
* Corrected a block auto-close/balance bug that happens when unbalanced )}] characters appear in a - style comment
* The 'stic' enumeration associated with the 'display dialog' command is once again displayed correctly.
* A hanging bug when exploring the InDesign dictionary has been resolved.
Script Debugger 4.5 is the premier AppleScript authoring environment. It provides everything you need to quickly and easily author AppleScripts that work. No other scripting tool can match Script Debugger's capabilities for creating, editing and debugging AppleScripts. Its sophisticated Dictionary browser provides far more information than any other tool can and eliminates guesswork and needless experimentation. Simply put, Script Debugger makes AppleScript easy.
Availability and Pricing:
Script Debugger 4.5 sells for $199 (USD). The Script Debugger 4.0 to 4.5 upgrade sells for $49 (USD).