Apple Releases iOS 11.2.1 to Fix HomeKit Vulnerability [Download]

Apple Releases iOS 11.2.1 to Fix HomeKit Vulnerability [Download]

Dylan - December 14, 2017 at 4:34pm
Specifics? Evidence?
D4xM4Nx - December 14, 2017 at 10:54am
Given the many bugs iOS 11 has had, both new and persistent, maybe hackers and security researchers are tempted to let it pass... Not a chance at seeing a truly stable release. The Force isn't strong with this one.
Dylan - December 14, 2017 at 4:33pm
I feel like hackers and script kiddies would enjoy Android more seeing the severity of such exploits like WPA2 KRACK which affected Marshmallow devices and up. iOS can be a honeypot of vulnerabilities sometimes, but Apple has a strong reputation of not having those last very long and patches almost instantaneously. Look what happened with macOS and the SUM, and root privileges being unlocked by entering an incorrect password. It didn’t leave enough time to mess around with since everyone’s already updating to a new dot release. Even the average user understands what security and bug fixes mean and it will give them enough motivation to use the latest software.
broridersmtl - December 14, 2017 at 6:53am
Hopefully this fixes their GPS problems ever since 10.3
Dylan - December 14, 2017 at 4:33pm
What were the GPS problems?
qusie - December 13, 2017 at 6:53pm
Modern technology, don't you just love it...
Ocanefun - December 13, 2017 at 6:34pm
Well, I’m not a paid troll like that other guy. Apple is just fine. Let them keep updating and perfecting. I hope they put a fix because my 7 Plus is shutting off and restarting all on it’s own once in a while.
Pauliep - December 13, 2017 at 6:27pm
What sucks is Apple is releasing updates every other week to fix a previous update or vulnerability. Why can't they just do it right from the first time? Apple is not the same as it was with Steve Jobs especially with Tim crook running the show
Gawd - December 14, 2017 at 2:47am
This is part of how Apple controls the Jailbreaking scene. I often think Apple purposely makes all these problems so we update regularly instead of every few months. I HATE downloading the friggen update so often...So I don't. It's more of a pain in the ass to do it this way. Might be a jailbreak. Who knows. So I'm staying on my current FW.
Dylan - December 14, 2017 at 4:28pm
I think they already have one working for earlier versions of 11. I just saw an article for a Jailbreak.me exploit running on 32-bit devices for 9.3 and up. Kind of irrelevant for most of us on the iPhone 5s and higher, but at least it’s something coming out of the jailbreak scene for now.
Prev1 of 1 Next