February 7, 2023
Apple Releases New AirPods With 50% More Talk Time, Wireless Charging Case, Hands-Free 'Hey, Siri'

Posted March 20, 2019 at 12:42pm · 14 comments · Add Comment
justabrake
justabrake - March 25, 2019 at 7:37pm
MY credit card was just charged so I guess they'll be shipping mine today but my shipping date wasn't for until 4/2-4/5
marcel.ursaciuc
marcel.ursaciuc - March 21, 2019 at 7:35am
This update is for new Airpods clients,i use succesfully from 2 years
m_thoroughbred
m_thoroughbred - March 20, 2019 at 9:09pm
This to me isn’t worth my money to upgrade. In my eyes this is laziness.
justabrake
justabrake - March 20, 2019 at 9:06pm
I Bought them after a couple of hours of thinking about it and then they changed the shipping date a week later to april 2-5 oh well I never owned airpods but still love my beats solo different uses for both
dvxaznxvb
dvxaznxvb - March 20, 2019 at 6:43pm
They are increasing the price to premium headphones but have no premium features, the actual airpods 2 will be 300 at this rate Rip
justabrake
justabrake - March 20, 2019 at 9:07pm
these are the airpods 2 next is in sept. airpods 3 coming in white and black
NoGoodNick
NoGoodNick - March 20, 2019 at 6:02pm
Going back and re-examining them, there is absolutely NO new features in the AirPods at all! The wireless charging and the extra life features only apply to the charging case, so there is NO reason for anyone to upgrade. Releasing them as a ‘new upgrade’ is a spurious, misleading claim. Buy the charging case if you want, but at $79 a pop, that’s a lot to pay for a minor convenience. Otherwise, don’t ask me to ‘upgrade’ to the EXACT SAME device. Again, I suspect Apple (under Cook) is once more playing marketing games rather than focusing on better design. I suspect, they’ll re-release the ‘all new’ all-new AirPods in a couple of months, after suckering everyone into purchasing the case (or the full product), and getting little for it. Even IF you want the new wireless charging, you’d best wait to purchase them both when they ACTUALLY release the NEW AirPods.
onelife
onelife - March 20, 2019 at 5:28pm
Was going to buy but no blacks for sale
NoGoodNick
NoGoodNick - March 20, 2019 at 5:40pm
I’ll admit, I was excited by the supposed color variation too. Maybe they’ll announce/release it a little later?
1reader
1reader - March 20, 2019 at 4:48pm
Same design ...😞
NoGoodNick
NoGoodNick - March 20, 2019 at 5:38pm
What design were you expecting them to use? Simply saying “Nothing new” doesn’t mean much, as the current design works MUCH better than any competing model, despite the other venders continually harping on its apparent flaws. Obviously the design, like the original iPhone, iPad or Mac’s, offers something valuable for users who continue clamoring for more. My issue isn’t with the shape, or the fact they fit naturally, remain in place, while allowing me to hear what’s going on around me, instead that the modifications included in the upgrade just don’t warrant purchasing the SAME essential product which I already possess. That’s a value question, rather than a design or engineering issue. Likewise, claiming you won’t purchase ANY product until they’ve worked out all the bugs and will NEVER update implies you’ve also never purchased a book, used a pen, or keep any paper products.
joeyxxl
joeyxxl - March 20, 2019 at 2:54pm
So no base improvement?
stevenlacross
stevenlacross - March 20, 2019 at 1:55pm
Does anyone want to buy the first gen iPhone now? Of course not, how about the first gen iPad? Or the first gen Apple Watch? What about the second gen of those devices? Still no? Well in that case I’ll wait till it’s improved till there’s no need to upgrade it anymore then I’ll purchase it. Thanks but no thanks