For consumers who need to accelerate their productivity and protect their valuable content without compromising style, Western Digital Corp. today introduced the new WD brand My Passport SSD in capacities up to 2TB. With a sleek, compact metal design and blazing fast speeds powered by NVMe technology, the new palm-sized drive allows home and business users to save, access and protect the content that matters.
"The new My Passport SSD delivers the speed, reliability and functionality consumers have come to expect from us," said Susan Park, vice president, Consumer Solutions, Western Digital. "It is a powerful and sophisticated solution for the everyday content creators, curators and hobbyists who need to move files quickly. The rounded corners, waving ridges and soft edges enhance the My Passport SSD's portability and make it easy to carry, yet also distinctly recognizable as a member within WD's award-winning My Passport product line-up."
● Blazing fast NVMe technology with read speeds of up to 1050MB/s and write speeds of up to 1000MB/s.
● Password enabled 256-bit AES hardware encryption to help protect valuable content simply.
● Featuring shock and vibration resistance and drop resistant up to 6.5 feet (1.98m).
● Included software to make it easy to back up large files to your drive or a cloud service account.
● USB 3.2 Gen-2 technology with a USB-C cable and a USB-A adaptor.
● Ready to use out of the box and compatible with Mac and PC.
Pricing and Availability
The My Passport SSD is backed by a five-year limited warranty and is now available in the 500GB and 1TB capacities in Gray worldwide with additional colors and capacities available later this year.
You can purchase the drive at the links below!
● My Passport SSD (500GB) - $119.99
● My Passport SSD (1TB) - $199.99
● My Passport SSD (2TB) - $379.99
Note*: If you're looking for space rather than speed. The 5TB WD My Passport is still on sale for $99.99!