Apple Has JailbreakMe Fix Ready, Buy Your iPhone 4 Now

Apple Has JailbreakMe Fix Ready, Buy Your iPhone 4 Now

Posted August 4, 2010 at 7:29pm by iClarified · 32 comments · Add Comment
Andrew - August 9, 2010 at 2:35am
I wish! iphone 4 is sold out in Australia! Cant get one untill half way through this month :(
Rooboy - August 5, 2010 at 6:44pm
There is no issue with the antennas on iPhone 4... Well at least not in Aus YAY!!
Tunger - August 5, 2010 at 9:27am
While I am a jailbreaker, and am disappointed that this will impact ability to jailbreak using the existing utility, the simple fact is, Apple is doing the right thing in this case. The exploit that Comex used to implement jailbreakme poses a clear security risk to any iphone 4 user out there. It would be irresponsible of Apple to not patch this in a quick software update. It sucks for those who won' tget to jailbreak before that update is released and shipped with all new iphone 4s, but Apple needs to fix it for the security of all users, not just to block jailbreaking. If you hate Apple so much, why give them your business anyway?
GBF - August 6, 2010 at 9:47am
Hi. If you are a jailbreaker I need your help. I bought the iPhone 4 from someone who did not activate the phone yet. I want to jailbreak but the only way to do so is to gain access to safari on the phone but for now its only showing the itunes logo. When I lug into itunes its asking for the billing zip code and the last four digits of a social security number which I dont have. Is there a way to gain access other than the phonebook sim card because I cannot access them anywhere??? Please let me know.. Thanks
Gurkha - August 5, 2010 at 8:38am
Good job apple, fixing a hole that is not illegal to penetrate. Now if you can kindly divert you monopolistic mindset to more important technical/software issues/design flaws as fast as you can patch a worthless hole, you wont be considered holes...
tunger - August 5, 2010 at 9:31am
It's not about illegal, it's about security. It's a serious flaw and needs to be fixed. Blocking the jailbreak is icing on the cake for apple.
Gurkha - August 5, 2010 at 10:48am
Missed the security concerns so I'll give on that one. As for like/dislike apple, I have been an apple "fanboy" if you will since Apple ][e's. This lock down of the iPhone goes against the grain of what Apple represents.
Tunger - August 5, 2010 at 3:52pm
Well, unfortunately, the lock down goes against the grain of what Apple used to represent.
BucK - August 5, 2010 at 4:27am
I really dont think Apple doesnt mind people JBing their device.....Its those peple that steal apps with Hackulous and etc....they are the ones who ruined the JB community
Leonick - August 5, 2010 at 6:52am
Well there is nothing wrong with haculo.us what's wrong is people using their software and other stuff to steal programs, the original plan is for people to be able to freely try and then buy things the like. My guess is 75%+ that use their stuff never buy anything though, cheap bastards
meme - August 5, 2010 at 10:27am
shut ur pie hole or pay for my apps
Leonick - August 5, 2010 at 1:13pm
I have paid for all but one app I have on my device, and that one is Rock Band, I would pay for that one too if they released it in the appstore for my country...
Chris - August 5, 2010 at 1:46am
APPLE YOU JACKASSES WHY DONT YOU LEAVE US JAILBREAKERS THE F**K ALONE!!!!
xtremeshredder - August 4, 2010 at 11:49pm
why do they call this a "reported issue"?
ro - August 4, 2010 at 11:04pm
I did unlocked couple of iphone but has a little bit problem, when phone start up I saw 1 stripe line near top right of the screen. It should be still fix, thank you comex I will be donate you for your hard job.
Justin - August 4, 2010 at 11:42pm
I have the same thing on my iPhone 4. It appears during start up, but is gone during regular use of the phone. I jailbroke and unlocked my phone and am using a local sim card that I cut down to the size of a micro-sim.
ro - August 4, 2010 at 11:44pm
Yes but this is software issue
xtremeshredder - August 4, 2010 at 11:47pm
its not just the iphone 4, its also the iphone 3gs and ipod touch 2g MC as well. this must be a problem with any device...
Darren85 - August 5, 2010 at 12:04am
Not a software issue.. The Jailbreak works by running its code inside of the frame buffers on iDevice boot up. This is normal when using the JailbreakMe Jailbreak.
Alicia Rogers - August 5, 2010 at 8:36am
Same here on 3GS
Wolf - August 4, 2010 at 10:15pm
I'm glad apple is taking care of these exploits so quickly. Hopefully this will stop this whole jailbreaking BS.
Justin - August 4, 2010 at 11:45pm
As long as Apple imposes unreasonable and monopolistic restrictions on the use of the iPhone there will be a need to jailbreak and unlock it. I bought mine in the States, have a contract with AT&T that I continue to pay, but was posted overseas for three years. To use the phone I needed to unlock it and will continue to unlock all three of my phones.
vlad - August 5, 2010 at 3:45am
you can always unlock it official.... that is what i am doing since 3gs.... most phones have carriers forced. iphone has at&t, if you don't like at&t, buy an unlocked iphone.
Feje75 - August 5, 2010 at 4:49am
you just dont get it, you are still stuck with the same wallpaper, stock icon, etc.... that apple wont you to have. you cant mod a carrier only unlock iPhone without the Jailbreak. I guess you like being like everyone else with a plain ole Iphone. that has a carrier unlock "Wooooo hooooooo look at me i got a carrier unlock iphone"
Billy Bob - August 4, 2010 at 8:55pm
Fix my wifi and shitty 3g signal as quick please apple ... oh you fucking cant or cant be bothered ....
Phil - August 5, 2010 at 4:07pm
Agreed Bob!, Hey instead of delegating sources to patch new problems, put more people to work fixing your already existing ones!!!
Prev 1 of 2 Next