How to Fix OSX86 Still Waiting For Root Device Error

How to Fix OSX86 Still Waiting For Root Device Error

Kyle - April 3, 2013 at 9:00pm
Thank you so much! Now to fix a problem where as soon as it finishes booting my computer restarts :(
tda - August 23, 2011 at 12:20pm
another question I've, when I install, I dont know exactly what kind of CHIPSET i should select under the option, because there are AHCI INJECTOR, etc... but I dont know what is the right for me...
TDA - August 23, 2011 at 11:22am
Hi, I cannot fix this ugly "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"... I've installed through Snow Leopard 10.6.6 by Hazard My HW: P5N32-E SLI HD 5850 4GB RAM I cant figure out how to fix this :( If someone has a tipp....thank you :)
4Core - March 23, 2011 at 4:41am
Awesome! Copying those ATA kexts did solve the error for me on 4CoreDual-VSTA!
hany ahmed - January 21, 2011 at 8:22am
dear alls, i find a solution for that threat ,i can boot without that msg! i can describe what i made as follow: 1- restart your pc 2- press f8 while booting 3- you will find mac try booting and a boot: prompt in thier 4- you will find a phrase hd(x,y) for my pc it was hd(0,2) 5- so what does it mean? it mean your hard disk in slot 0 and your root part ion is in 2 order 6-so only you do to write the following cl in the boot rd=disk0s2 then enter rational, you will replace 0 and 2 as it will be shown in your booting thanks
OMG, Thanks Soo Much - November 7, 2009 at 2:41am
Thankss, I Installed Leo4All V3 On My Alienware 4 GB Ram PC, AWEESOME! Didn\'t Boot :( Boots Now :) THANKYOU SOO MUCH, URE A PC GENIOUS!
Jack - November 7, 2009 at 2:53am
Just Trying It Now Hold, On. Ignore Other POst
Mario Rozalén Guzmán - October 29, 2009 at 8:09pm
Increible, eres un crack!!! Muchísimas gracias.
Anon - June 20, 2009 at 10:28pm
This worked for me without issue. Now, OSX starts to boot but then stops at the grey screen with the spinning disc. The disc just spins and spins. I don\'t get any errors using -v, so I\'m not sure what to check next. I\'ve never used OSX before.
Tom - March 21, 2009 at 10:42pm
OMG! After spending a lot of time over spring break on this, your solution worked! I was ready to give up after a seemingly endless search on Google for an answer. THANK YOU!!!
Carlos - March 10, 2009 at 12:33pm
After doing the trick booted ok, found boot device but now it goes on an infinite loop launchd failed to launch DirectoryServices version 5.2 (5.14) on and on and on and on, like the energizer bunny
Umang - March 10, 2009 at 3:10pm
Carlos, i guess U gotta find some other thread to fix that.. Seems like you are bumping into Compound problems. I Guess you could wait for the latest - leo4all v6 to be released.. http://leo4all.com/Blog/
Sangeetha - January 7, 2013 at 12:17pm
ok the iphone is grate and so if apple.you cant not say they are givnig a lot of support and updates to your phone ..if they never made the iphone the phones of today would be a lot worse. because the iphone stared phones off to a new era!!!!apple shouldn't keep stopping the jailbreaks tho i do see why they wouldn't want jail-breaking to happen!!!what they need to do is find out why people jailbreak and update there firmware so that there would be no point in jail-breaking!!!! or join with cydia rather than fight it and make a contract with it!!!! simple!and dont worry there will be an untethered jailbreak coming soon .