If You Want Apple Maps to Improve, Report a Problem

If You Want Apple Maps to Improve, Report a Problem

p pee - September 26, 2012 at 7:10am
i've come to the conclusion that the maps are correct. it is just that buildings, parks, etc were not built in the correct places as apple would have wanted them.
john - September 26, 2012 at 7:01am
Try locating the Sydney Apple Store. It is in the wrong corner! Apple can't even get their store location right.
The T - September 25, 2012 at 10:43pm
There are a number of good apps to supplement the built-in Apple maps. A pretty good free one with turn-by-turn voice navigation is Mapquest. Also, Bing and Google maps work pretty well from the browser. This really isn't a reason not to buy the iPhone.
P See - September 25, 2012 at 10:39pm
Testing in my area - the maps are just fine - and way better than my experience with the turn by turn in Android. Google might have better maps overall, but the turn by turn was really awful in my Android phone. Could hardly understand the synthetic voice - and it often told me to turn after I already passed the turn. Maybe the phone was to blame more than Android - I don't know. But I do know the Apple navigation features are way more polished (just need some polishing on the data).
No Ma'am - September 25, 2012 at 5:48pm
Maps is the most used app on my iPhone. I will avoid the iPhone 5 and IOS6 because of Apple Maps.
Scott - September 25, 2012 at 1:05pm
Apple maps is proof that Steve Jobs is dead.
Y. Pill - September 25, 2012 at 10:45pm
What a stupid comment...there have been a number issues that have happened with Apple products while he was in charge. How about the antenna issues with iPhone 4 for one.
dan - September 25, 2012 at 8:23am
This will be $10 per "tap" assholes and why you don't allow to report bugs in your other crappy apps ?
K - September 25, 2012 at 6:50am
Fuck you. I'm not getting paid to beta test and QA your shit, Apple. And you're one of the fucking most richest companies in the country, so it's not like you can't afford to make something of quality. Get your shit together already.
MaKI - September 25, 2012 at 11:37am
LoL, You have been beta tester to GOOGLE for 10 Years (Beta Gmail, Beta Maps, Beta GDrive, Beta everything) even when it was always written there, you were not realising it :-) It is time to change it, one day you realize that only maps we have are google maps???? No way! Apple was wrong to release it now, they should wait till the maps will be finished, but I can understand that every year Google is moving forward, everyone else is losing the oportunity to be a competitive ... Show me better maps..., than google maps. There are no other maps. There was Garmin, TomTom ... where are they today? So for Apple it means "now or never". But why should I buy iPhone when it is full of GOOGLE products? :-) I can buy Android. Its map applications is far better than it ever was on iPhone. Since 2007 there was (except StreetView) - NO IMPROVEMENT ... BlackBerry, Nokia, Android - Those had more capapabilities and features than iPhone, regarding Google Maps. I think it was logical decission, even if Apple might lose milions of customers, give them a chance, otherwise in near future, you will be upset same way with Android, like you are now with Windows!!! And there won't be anything else available. Just show me what we currently have : ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Bing Maps = Ugly, Buggy, Missing Placec - not usable in Europe! TomTom Maps = iOS6 Maps - Ugly and Buggy, Missing places! NavTeq = Garmin, Nokia, BMW and others = Ugly!!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------- If the maps are only poing of your interest then go and buy Android ... There is currently nothing better than Google Maps! Even NASA don't have better maps! How is that possible?
LOLOLOLOL - September 26, 2012 at 4:56am
I have no qualms on their decision to shift the map application in house and it makes perfect sense as far as their business is concerned. But in this case, this is clearly done against the gross detriment of user's experience. They should have made sure that their own map can bring at least at par with Google map's capability before going public. I double Apple is short of cash to accomplish this. Why the rush? At any rate, one less reason for me to update to iOS6 (aside from jailbreak)
BrawlBro1 - September 25, 2012 at 6:25am
I might as well do the honor of reporting the app being the problem.
Simon V - September 25, 2012 at 5:54am
Aha! The earlier mistakes may have been deliberate mis-corrections by apple's rivals..... :-D
Prev1 of 2 Next