Siri Hands-Free Found to Cause High Mental Distraction Levels in Drivers [Video]

Grave hole - October 8, 2014 at 10:03pm
Seriously? Did they even test every feature even with just a simple voice control by using "hey siri"? What a joke they made. This 'study' is more likely paid, besides why test it on mental people. Wouldn't they be day dreaming half the time because they would be distracting themselves anyway. This is what these claims used towards siri. What's next, mental people will find iphone distracting from classrooms?
Grave hole - October 8, 2014 at 10:00pm
You get a bribe for your jealousy spew like every samsheep. You should start a riot to make a cult in order to do any better for it to work.
Mr. Common Sense - October 8, 2014 at 9:56pm
What this study lacks, is that some people have a higher skill set then others. Example 100 people can play a video game, yet all get different scores, & level advancement. Also, there is a little common sense as well. In high speed and high traffic area, there should be zero distractions regardless if it's the radio or voice commands. I have no problem keeping control of my car using voice commands, or adjusting heat, radio etc. However, I don't do anything except pay attention to the road in danger zones. I save that for straight roads, with low traffic & before intersections.
Gern Blansten - October 8, 2014 at 7:50pm
Of course doing anything but paying exclusive attention to driving is a "distraction". More so when it requires physical interaction. Would be interesting to see a retooled version of this test with IOS8 and "Hey Siri", or even CarPlay when that becomes generally available.
Tmel4198 - October 8, 2014 at 7:29pm
This is one of those stupid studies that decided to bash on apple and put Siri at the top of the study. I find using my phone less distracting than some douche bag with a honda civic and a huge fart can with some Mexican driving it
! - October 8, 2014 at 7:25pm
iClarified, the Title bar follows me down while I read the article. This is very annoying because I have so little space to actually read the article.
? - October 8, 2014 at 7:51pm
Yeah on a 3.5inch screen
! - October 9, 2014 at 12:50am
Totally. Not everyone has the iPhone 6/plus iCarified!!!!
FTW - October 9, 2014 at 1:10am
Must be using gmail to follow the links to the article (not in safari)
! - October 9, 2014 at 9:00pm
I'm using iClarified's app.
lepaka - October 8, 2014 at 7:22pm
it not about siri only, it is about everything can distract us while driving. i give a shit for siri, i don't use it, i don't think is useful for my life, but i can get easy distracted with a hot ass baby on the road :)
waybulooooo - October 8, 2014 at 7:01pm
OMG! I just hit a Sheep using SIRI! Apple will be pissed off!
Dexx - October 8, 2014 at 6:50pm
No offense to the testers in the video, but tried it myself, using siri in the phone while driving. True, there is some distraction, especially when thinking what to say, but not even close to a point where I'd miss a light or a stop sign...
Steve Gates - October 8, 2014 at 6:32pm