Please note that the Find My network can only determine the location of lost AirPods or missing AirPods if these steps have been completed prior to their disappearance.
Make sure you've signed into your iCloud account using your Apple ID, then follow these steps to enable Find My.
TURN ON FIND MY
To enable Find My, tap to open the Settings app from your Home screen, then tap your name.
Tap Find My, then tap Find My iPhone, then switch the Find My iPhone toggle to the ON position.
To make sure that you can find your devices even if they're powered off or disconnected, check that Find My network is turned on.
To have the location of your device sent to Apple when the battery is low, turn on Send Last Location.
ADD AIRPODS TO FIND MY
Now we can make sure Find My is enabled for your AirPods.
Tap to open Settings from your Home screen, then tap Bluetooth from the Settings menu.
Make sure the Bluetooth toggle is in the ON position, then pair your AirPods with your Apple device. To do this, bring your AirPods near your iPhone and open the case with your AirPods still inside. Tap Connect and follow any on screen instructions that appear, then tap Done.
Your AirPods will now appear in the list of Bluetooth devices. Tap the More Info (i) button next to your device in the list.
Scroll down and make sure that the Find My toggle is turned ON. If you don't see the toggle, you may see a Show in Find My button. This means your AirPods have automatically been setup with Find My. Tap the button to open the Find My app and confirm you can locate your AirPods.
● Location services need to be enabled to use Find My with Apple devices. Select Location Services from the Privacy & Security menu in the Settings app to enable the feature.
● All Apple AirPods, including AirPods 1, AirPods 2, AirPods 3, AirPods Pro, AirPods Pro 2, and AirPods Max, are supported by Find My; however, there are some differences in capabilities.
● If you have AirPods Pro (2nd generation), you can see the location of each of your AirPods and the charging case on the map. For all other models, if your AirPods are separated from each other, you see only one location at a time. Find the one that you see on the map, put it back in its case, then refresh the map to locate the other one.
● If your AirPods are paired but currently offline, Find My shows the last time and last known location they were online.
● For AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro (all generations), or AirPods Max, you can continue to see their updated location in the Find My app for up to 24 hours. After that, the Find My app shows the last time and place they were online.
● In addition to the iPhone, the Find My app is also available on the iPad, iPod touch, macOS, and iCloud.com.