December 4, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPad Using Greenpois0n (Mac) [4.2.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPad Using Greenpois0n (Mac) [4.2.1]

Posted February 4, 2011 at 2:45pm · 41 comments · Add Comment
BrittHiggins
BrittHiggins - February 19, 2011 at 1:56pm
Everything ran smoothly, but when iPad rebooted there was no Loader button on the springboard and its not actually jailbroken. Any ideas??
Azza Mac
Azza Mac - February 8, 2011 at 10:30am
I just did a jailbreak using this latest iteration of Greenpoison. I followed the instructions to a 'T' and everything worked out like this tutorial said it would. Only thing is, after my iPad restarted, there was no 'Loader' icon and Cydia was still installed on the iPad. However, my iPad is now untethered and everything seems to work fine. Is it all that critical to have the 'Loader' icon?
soymilk
soymilk - February 26, 2011 at 8:59am
you dont need the loader the question is how cydia gont installed?
Azza Mac
Azza Mac - February 26, 2011 at 12:43pm
I don't know really...it didn't seem to even be removed at all. I didn't do a clean install...just added on to redsnow.
Jan
Jan - February 8, 2011 at 9:09am
I've tria couple of times now, but cant make it work. When I tried to restore itunes want me to upgrade (I have 4.2.1), but i'm not shure to do that because I dont want to wait any longer for a new jailbreak. The only thing that i can think of is that the computer i try to use is not the one i have the ipad sync with. Is that a problem?? Please help me!!! Thanks // Jan
Sebastian
Sebastian - February 7, 2011 at 10:39am
This tutorial works like a charm. But please note that you must hold the 'Home' button until almost "Complete" appear.
Kosta
Kosta - February 6, 2011 at 6:54pm
Any news on fixing the GPS bug?
big
big - February 6, 2011 at 11:43am
I am currently using the JB3.2 iPad. want to follow this tutorial to upgrade to 4.2.1. What should I get started? restore the most currently ipad FW from itune restore or download a FW from somewhere else? Thanks for any help.
soymilk
soymilk - February 26, 2011 at 9:00am
restore to 4.2.1
Georges
Georges - February 6, 2011 at 6:34am
Once Jailbroken Cannot open paid books in Ibooks No problem with free books Problem same on iphone & Ipad
Franck
Franck - February 6, 2011 at 5:13am
i have ipad wifi 3G with IOS 4.2.1 i do a fresh restor on 4.2.1 then when i try to jailbreak it with greenpois0n RC5 it is give me this error unable to find fs-mount unable to find fs-unmount unable to find fs-file plesss help???
cameti2
cameti2 - February 6, 2011 at 3:02am
Just follow the instructions..... It worked in first time on my Ipod 3G....and now, after 2 attempts finally upgraded my Ipad form 3.22 to 4.2.1, installed Cydia..added the Repo Source, installed the necessary files, restarted iPad. Now i'm syncing my special APPS to my iPad from my Macbook Pro.... WORKING 100% - BINGO!!!!!! Thanks for the Tutorial and for the tool!!!!
LotusShaney
LotusShaney - February 5, 2011 at 2:01pm
tried to jailbrake my iPad 20 odd times on my i5 Macbook pro and failed everytime. Just tried it on my 8 core mac pro and it worked first time !!! Both running 10.6.6 in 64 bit mode so what gives ??? If you trying this and failing on a Macbook try a mac pro