TAKE 48MP PHOTOS ON IPHONE
Tap to open the Settings app from your home screen, then choose Camera from the settings menu.
Select Formats from the Camera menu, then toggle the Apple ProRAW switch to the ON position. This will enable Apple ProRAW.
Tap ProRAW resolution and choose 48 megapixels. Now the Camera app will let you take a raw photo up to 48MP is size.
If you want the Camera app to save your ProRAW settings after a restart, return to the Camera settings menu and tap Preserve Settings, then toggle the Apple ProRAW switch to the ON position.
Finally, launch the Camera app from your home screen.
Tap the RAW button to take 48MP RAW photos.
● The file size of a ProRAW image at 12MP resolution is approximately 25MB and approximately 75 MB at 48MP. Take these large file sizes into account when shooting pictures, as ProRAW files can fill your photo library quite quickly.
● Only photos that you take with the main camera at 1x can be saved at 48MP. Ultra Wide, Telephoto, Night mode, flash, and macro photos can only be saved at 12MP.
● Apple ProRAW combines the information of a standard RAW format along with iPhone image processing, which gives you more flexibility when editing the exposure, color, and white balance in your photo.
● To transfer the original ProRAW image file from your iPhone to another iPhone, iPad, or your Mac, use AirDrop. If you edited the photo in the Photos app and then you share it, you'll share a JPG file. To share the original ProRAW file from the Photos app on your iPhone, tap Share, tap Duplicate, tap Edit, tap Revert, then share the photo using AirDrop.
● It's also possible to photo capture in RAW using a third party app such as Halide. Professional photographers may prefer this as they often provide more ways to configure settings like shutter speed, iso, etc.
Please download the iClarified app or follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and RSS for more Apple news, videos, and tutorials.