iOS 3.2.1 Improves iPad Wi-Fi Performance [Chart]

iOS 3.2.1 Improves iPad Wi-Fi Performance [Chart]

Posted July 18, 2010 at 3:30pm by iClarified · 11 comments · Add Comment
iPwn - July 18, 2010 at 8:57pm
Why is this chart shows from 0 to 100? wireless signal strength is always calculated from 0db to -100db. not other way around. the closer ur to 0 the better. the bigger the number = the worsen signal
ipwn - July 18, 2010 at 9:00pm
after 2nd reading, why is this test based on speed? wtf!? what iPad need is more range(wireless signal strength) not the freaking speed! they dont show the signal strength test! this is soooo FAKE! and Apple approve this? must be their marketing/damage control over antenna shits.
Matt - July 19, 2010 at 2:38am
I agree. A signal test would be sweet (oh well)
Roberto - July 19, 2010 at 2:50am
I think it's setup that way to show percent improvement
74tz - July 18, 2010 at 5:01pm
I've got a new iPad Wi-Fi + 3G arriving tomorrow. I assume it will come with iOS 3.2 installed not the newly released iOS 3.2.1. If it does come with 3.2 pre-installed, I can use the existing Spirit jailbreak for now and update to iOS 3.2.1 when the 'new' Spirit jailbreak becomes available? Problem is, now iOS 3.2.1 is out and Apple has stopped signing iOS 3.2, if I ever need to restore the iPad's operating system, I'll be forced to restore / update to iOS 3.2.1 as I never managed to get an iPad soon enough to capture it's iOS 3.2 'SHSH blobs'.
AppIe - July 18, 2010 at 6:21pm
Hopefully you won't need the 3.2 blobs. What about when our batteries finally need replacing? Assuming this great device isn't hopelessly obsolete by then, it's a forced upgrade (through App£e, anyway).
74tz - July 18, 2010 at 7:25pm
@Apple: Yes it'll be a forced upgrade if you get Apple to replace the battery, but possibly not if you take your iPad to an Apple Authorised Reseller (AAR) and pay them to do the job instead - since its such a simple task for them, they might even replace it in-store for you. I got the hard disk drives of two new Unibody Mac Mini's upgraded at a local AAR recently and to my unexpected delight, their engineers completed the task in-store instead of sending it to their repairs HQ which would have caused me to wait up to a week. Instead they handed it back to me on the same day!! I was a very happy customer... =P
iPwn - July 18, 2010 at 8:54pm
replacing harddisk/battery in iPad is not as easy to replace harddisk on macbook morely on mac mini. replacing hdd is uber easy. if u cant do it ur own ,then ur fail.
74tz - July 18, 2010 at 9:58pm
@iPwn: Firstly, the iPad doesn't have a hard disk - it is fitted with NAND flash memory modules. Secondly, try and speak proper English next time you make a comment. Thirdly, evidently you haven't tried to remove a hard disk drive from a Mac Mini Unibody (Mid-2010) yourself, otherwise you'd realise how difficult it is to perform such maintenance on that machine, especially now the internal components are more compactly fitted together compared to all previous versions of the Mac Mini range. I've owned many variations of the Mac Mini over the past few years, and have never had to call upon the assistance of Apple's engineers or those at an Apple Authorised Reseller to replace / upgrade a hard disk drive. So I'm sorry to disappoint you, but unfortunately you are the one who has "failed".
RooBoy - July 19, 2010 at 2:18am
ROFL 74tz .. I'm glad someone finally said that! WTG
Steve Jobs - July 18, 2010 at 4:50pm
So software can change hardware's performance?.... :thinking:
Prev 1 of 1 Next