WARNING: Replacing Your Touch ID Home Button Could Kill Your iPhone

WARNING: Replacing Your Touch ID Home Button Could Kill Your iPhone

Posted February 5, 2016 at 5:57pm by iClarified · 38 comments · Add Comment
guest ZhCh - February 15, 2016 at 12:35am
Apple "genius" team response is 300€ and we give you another one or you can have yours with Code 53, which is useless! They want more money.
Darius Hanes - February 9, 2016 at 5:40pm
In my country Romania we dont have an Apple store. So what I am going to do if my iPhone is broken? I wont go to a service because its not an Apple Store?
egoste - February 8, 2016 at 5:43pm
Anybody tried DFU restore after error 53?
GuestZhCh - February 15, 2016 at 12:40am
Nothing can help you resolve this problem. Belive me there is nothing i did not try. There is one thing to help you-300€. That is insain - i know, but it is what it is.
guest - February 8, 2016 at 5:00pm
Unfortunally i read this warning too late. Before 3 months i replaced broken screen for my little brother on iPhone 6. Home button cable was a little bit damage during install. After that he used iPhone normally until we made update. That was THE END for his iPhone 6. I have asked in Apple Store and they want to help me if i give 300 Euro. So i sad them but for reall @@@¢¬°#§@°##¬°@§¢|¬¢|¬¢|´¢|´¢|¢§¬¬#°@¦
Hank Azaria - February 8, 2016 at 2:07pm
Hey SceptreSP - you been sucking Tim Cook's genitalia lately? You're really fighting hard to protect Apple. What's your affiliation (apart from owning maybe a phone, PC or other device?)
You have your Right to Repair - February 7, 2016 at 12:28pm
Can tell that error 53 occur even with original home button.
GuestZhCh - February 15, 2016 at 12:44am
Only right what we have is to go F..k ourselves. There is no justice.
Bob Dole - February 7, 2016 at 2:58am
Just don't be cheap and get the device repaired by the manufacturer with OEM parts. When your car breaks and you have insurance, don't you want them to use OEM parts or is it okay to use some random parts that don't meet industry standards. Also, to people saying "it just reads your thumb", just remember that the credit card skimmers are just "reading your credit card." Stop being ignorant and realize that your putting yourself at risk with using Toys R Us parts. Get insurance for your phone, I would advise Applecare since it is cheaper and been protected.
iPro Service - February 7, 2016 at 8:58am
OEM parts is not the issue. It's the pairing of the part to the phone can only be done by Apple. The new home button's serial number needs to be paired on an apple server the the phone. They say its for security however if that were really the case, the phone should fail immediately, not weeks or months later.
Henry Ricky bobby - February 7, 2016 at 9:20am
I suppose you must work for Apple or must be a developer to know exactly how everything works then. Unfortunately things change in the future and somebody may have exploited it and then Apple had to find a way to patch the device to protect everybody else from being a possible victim or your are saying they should just leave it open so people can take advantage of it? I know it sucks that it is affecting many people that want to be cheap or try to do a "work around" but if you just do everything the right way, you would t be in the predicament
GuestZhCh - February 15, 2016 at 12:49am
There is people who enjoying "do it youself" style. Why you fu..in fag..ts have a problem with that?
melomen11 - February 6, 2016 at 10:17pm
I have one iPhone plus S and brick is new phone I never touched and I can fix it Apple is streaking the people They don't matter I have error 53
cherry314 - February 6, 2016 at 10:25pm
Get the right parts by the right people by apple even if cheap works out for now and may not later! I wouldn't risk cheap or heck even if you have AppleCare!
Klinky - February 6, 2016 at 2:16am
All this does is protect criminals from having their phone data breached by the law, but screws everyone else who are forced to fork over mega bucks for a glorified Apple tech.
Lunaris - February 6, 2016 at 1:57am
Well.. this doesn't seem like unreliability to me. Doesn't this mean that Apple is trying to make the phone more secure by invalidating potentially insecure Touch ID sensors?
Prev 1 of 2 Next