Apple to Stop Using TLC NAND Flash Memory for iPhone 6 Due to Problem in Controller IC?

tlc badluck - January 10, 2015 at 5:33pm
I have asked Apple to replace my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB three times because of this defective memory component TLC NAND Flash. And they did replace it three times without arguing! This is the 4th replacement in my hands in a couple of months! You can see if you have the defective TLC NAND Flash or the non-defective MLC NAND Flash just using the app www.pgyer.com/tlccheck I suggest you all to go to your Apple Store and simply say: "my iPhone 6 reboots randomly 5 times a day and my apps (always mention Apple apps as Pages, Numbers, Safari) crash randomly 10 times a day. I bought the costliest existing iPhone specifically to work out of the office on those apps and with these reboots and crashes I can't get any work done." Then you will see how they will immediately replace it with a new one as they keep doing with me. The reason why they replace them without arguing is that they perfectly know the problem even though they will never admit it to you. Admitting it to you would mean admitting it publicly and that would mean being forced to start a dramatically costly mass replacement worldwide. Even though they will never admit it to you they still will always replace it because they are afraid that you will sue them therefore publicly revealing the problem with an even worst damaging publicity. If you even only mention the name TLC NAND Flash defective memory component (that was stopped being used by Apple in favor of MLC six weeks after the release of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus because of the discovery of them causing random reboots and crashes) every Apple employee is instructed to reply to you that if that information is not on the Apple webpage it is an untrue rumor (and I always reply them that Apple not only excludes false rumors from its webpage but obviously also truths that are dramatically inconvenient for them, right?). In my case I have not been lucky because this last replacement has a TLC from Toshiba, the previous replacement had the TLC from Sandisk and the previous replacement had a TLC as well (I don't remember the manufacturer), the previous iPhone, which was the original one, was working perfectly and I replaced it for a completely different reason in a moment in which I had no idea about the existence of these defective components, otherwise I would've realized how lucky I was and I would've kept it. I don't care whether or not they admit it during the replacement. What I care and what I tell them (and what you should also tell them when they replace it) is that I will keep scheduling my Apple Genius appointment every Monday and make them replace my iPhone 6+ every week until they give me one that doesn't reboot/crashes no matter what the real cause is. In other words until they give me one with the non-defective "MLC" NAND FLASH memory component. You should do the same.
Diggy - November 9, 2014 at 8:40pm
Let's not be so quick to dismiss this report simply because it has ties with Korea. Let's remember exactly how much business Samsung and Apple do together. Yes they fight for the same market share space but Samsung also is a partner in the creation of the iPhone and has been for years. I think it's time to wait and see if more reports come out to confirm this or if this is a one time report.
Ren - November 9, 2014 at 10:20pm
Except the 6 and 6 plus on the chips of Apple's partner.
Bill - November 9, 2014 at 6:55pm
Nobody should buy an iPhone six anyway until they put the camera back in the right place. No protrusion!
Judge Dreed - November 9, 2014 at 8:53am
Fake!!! The sources came from Korea...lets takes a guess who set it up?
rrgto+99 - November 9, 2014 at 5:26am
YOUR ALL IDIOTS READ: [Update: a source close to Apple has clarified that user-reported issues with large capacity iPhone 6 models are very rare, and that the company does not have any plans to recall the phones due to "faulty hardware," and that there is not a defect in the Anobit components those models use. The source of the rumor is a minor publication in Korea that is said to have close ties to Samsung.
TLDR - November 9, 2014 at 5:32am
I wasn't even part of this conversation or picked which side I was on with odedo or zeta. Look who's talking!
Kornmehl - November 8, 2014 at 3:03am
Damned gay NAND
zetaprime - November 7, 2014 at 9:43pm
I have one of the supposedly affected models and have had zero problems since I got it more than a month ago. I had some apps that we're having IOS8 related problems, but the makers of those apps fixed them. The phone itself has worked perfectly and has not shown any sign of rebooting loops or anything of the sort. Whatever the problem is it clearly affects only some phones and not others. If they do a recall it should only be for those who are actually experiencing trouble. And even if the newer ones have a bit faster boot time I'd be disinclined to swap my phone in for another since restoring a new phone is not something I want to do unless I'm really upgrading.
odedo1 - November 7, 2014 at 10:22pm
Wrong it's affected all its a chip that can't handle a fast data stream so try hard core games and keep some thing running in the background to replicate the problem faster, but even if you wait eventually it will get you, I was sure that Apple will solve the problems with a new firmware which slows down the phone, they still might do it!
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 2:01am
Not wrong. People have reported the problem without doing anything hard core with their phones. So what you just said is not it.
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 2:20am
Also, the way I've been using my phone for the past month can be considered representative of the way it will be used for the remainder of its service life. If I have not encountered the problem yet it's not likely I ever will.
odedo1 - November 8, 2014 at 2:50am
You sound like my customers that show up at my shop with a new Samsung Galaxy and I'm like where is the iPhone and they tell me we replaced it and we don't know why we didn't do it earlier this is so much better I'm OK, a few month later they show up with a brand new iPhone I'm like what happened to that way better Galaxy and they say " Well I was wrong nothing beats an iPhone " and I smile because I knew that they were to embarrassed to admit that they fucked up selling their iphone and getting a galaxy so they said it was so good and it happens again and again, now people are to embarrassed to admit that their iphone 6 is a mess but it's ok what ever works for you it's none of my business. At least now I understand why Apple went with a beta version on such a small upgrade they never did that before but now they are trying to fix this problem with a software upgrade slowing down the phone making it less powerful but more stable.
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 5:01am
That whole argument of yours made no sense to me. But do me a favor and don't reply cause I won't bother reading it.
TLDR - November 8, 2014 at 5:24am
In other words not learning from one other. Good point.
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 5:38am
In other words not listening to arguments that don't make sense and not noticing that the article on which all this is based had a question mark in the title indicating that this is all unconfirmed rumor, not fact. And then you have people claiming there is some problem that is in all the phones when clearly there is not, since I have been using one with no problems at all. And if it takes some sort of ridiculous overtaxing of the hardware to bring about a problem then you could say that about anything. If you subject any piece of equipment to sufficiently harsh conditions it will break. That is hardly newsworthy. There is nothing to be learned here. Moving on.
TLDR - November 8, 2014 at 5:46am
I'm not saying you are right or wrong, just dangers in case you come across someone that may outsmart you! (Example).
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 6:18am
From your reply it appears that English is not your native language. You might want to get advice from someone fluent in English before posting in a place where most people are native English speakers.
Disagree - November 8, 2014 at 7:58am
"And if it takes some sort of ridiculous overtaxing of the hardware to bring about a problem then you could say that about anything." Wrong, when you buy a piece of hardware you are paying for it to live up to its specs. Period. If the hardware crashes because you pushed it to its full potential then the hardware is faulty and nothing to do with 'ridiculous overtaxing'. Would you be just as overbearing if same the applied to your new car? E.g. specs says topspeed 120mph but when you try to reach this it cuts the engine off. Would you just says: oh well I'm ridiculous overtaxing the engine.
odedo1 - November 8, 2014 at 9:02am
All I said that people are embarrassed to admit that after spending so much money they got a defective device and it's understandable, I'm just wondering what will he do if Apple will offer to replace will he say no thanks mine works fine? I really doubt it.
odedo1 - November 8, 2014 at 9:14am
And he is saying unconfirmed rumors, now that's a joke Apple finally admitted which is amazing for Apple that never admit nothing, what else do you want? maybe a signed letter from Tim C? infect you should be happy that Apple Admitted so fast meaning you might get your replacement sooner then later. I know that everyone else would want their replaced as soon as possible
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 5:19pm
Actually it would be the same thing if it was my new car. Unless you're a professional race car driver you will never be using the car in such a way as to experience the problem. I my car had a bug that caused the engine to explode at 120 mph I would have no concern since I will never be driving anywhere near that speed. Such a speed cannot be considered normal usage of your car ( not to mention highly illegal and dangerous) , and in all my years of driving I've never even gone over 90 mph let alone 120.
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 7:02pm
The whole story is bogus. read this;
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 7:03pm
The whole thug is bogus. read this: http://www.maclife.com/article/news/morning_report_tlc_nixed_iphone_6_pixelmator_mac_33_amazon_echo
zetaprime - November 8, 2014 at 7:03pm
That's thing, not thug.
Diggy - November 9, 2014 at 8:44pm
I have the problem. It started when I started to fill up my phone. That's the problem is right now people haven't had a chance to fill up 110GB of their phone but I have and shit starts going wrong. Even going from landscape to portrait is FUBAR. Try filling it up with data and then look for little things to slow down and cause issues. Just a tip from me to you to try and replicate the problem.
anaka11_D - November 7, 2014 at 9:00pm
Apple's quality control is an embarrassment. Apple should be the first to blame not the suppliers. Apple's fault for hooking up with incompetent suppliers. I too say F YOU APPLE , YOU ARE TO BLAME !
Poots - November 7, 2014 at 9:04pm
Apples quality overall disregarding one tiny problem (thank you SUPPLIERS) is a genius! Apple would have known if they didn't keep it hidden. Not everyone knows right way easily. So blame suppliers. Their fault for not making it perfect and giving it to the top global company! What a joke they made out of them. Therby F you trolls your gimmicks lies and the suppliers. ALL THERE IS EVER TO BLAME!!!
j3yps - November 7, 2014 at 7:43pm
Affected phones should be replaced by apple!
Vang - November 7, 2014 at 6:13pm