zToggle Now Enables or Disables Multitasking for the iPhone 4, 3GS

zToggle Now Enables or Disables Multitasking for the iPhone 4, 3GS

Posted August 14, 2010 at 3:38pm by iClarified · 16 comments · Add Comment
shail - February 7, 2011 at 10:35am
no good for Ipad running 4.2.1 :-(
Clinton K - August 16, 2010 at 11:11am
If you have Activator installed and an action assigned to "activate switcher"....make sure you disable that action before you disable multitasking. If you accidently activate the "activate switcher" while multitasking is disabled you will get a springboard crash and Activator will need to be re-installed. Just a heads up.
Animal - August 16, 2010 at 10:33am
If I use this to disable apple multitasking will backgrounder still work ok on my iPhone 4?
Animal - August 16, 2010 at 10:40am
In answer to my question I just installed it and it also disables backgrounder so no use to me :(
Wasim - August 14, 2010 at 6:18pm
Why would anyone want to disable multi-talking?
sucks - August 14, 2010 at 7:04pm
because iPhone 4 multitasking sucks. It runs everything you open in the background without giving you a choice. I'm going to turn it off and install backgrounder instead.
Wasim - August 14, 2010 at 7:07pm
But why is that so bad, apple designed multi-tasking so that background apps don't use any system resources, they just sit there is a frozen state. And for apps like TomTom, Skype etc which do perform background tasks, you can just hold your finger on the icon and close the app altogether. Simple.
Mike - August 14, 2010 at 10:46pm
Cause their launcher is ridiculous. U have to swipe 50 times before u actually get to an app that u wanted backgrounded.
Naser20004 - August 15, 2010 at 1:07am
Apple multitasking sucks , I am so glad I have the option now to disable it. Because backgrounder could not work properly with multitasking enabled and apple does not give the option. One example I want to use the navigator and listen to wunderadio at the same time, I couldn't do with MT enabled but with ztoggle I can :). another example I want to download an app and while downloading in the background I want to check my email or browse the Internet and so on only backgrounder allows a true backgrounding. And by the way apple's MT does use some system resources and battery (tested).
Blacksmp - August 15, 2010 at 1:50am
Well, downloading an app in the background has been possible ever since I got my Iphone 3G at launch. And without jailbreaking, so your example makes no sense...
Blacksmp - August 15, 2010 at 1:53am
No, you don't have to do that. You're wrong.
Blacksmp - August 15, 2010 at 1:59am
My comment doesn't make sense since I forgot to write: you don't need to swipe 50 times to switch to the app, you can always start it from the home screen as usual.
Vang - August 15, 2010 at 2:05am
Cause dummy it sucks. Backgrounder?? True multitasking.
Max - August 15, 2010 at 3:41am
Hey is backgrounder is working already for i phone 4 coz the lasttime idownload it. It crash everytime anybody people have tried already
Naser20004 - August 15, 2010 at 7:00am
I meant downloading from cydia or downloading stuff from within an app basically any downloading could be done in the BG with backgrounder but not with MT which does not do anything except making apps open little bit faster but eating up battery and disable the real backgrounding.
Hammid - August 16, 2010 at 9:40am
Anyone using Backgrounder since upgrading ought to be ashamed of himself. Seriously. Just stubborn, "OHmYgAwD-I-luVthemap-De_Dust-I-can-pwnSomanyn00bsOnit"-geeks who think they actually gain something by countering incredible, seamless engineering. Other geeks' oh-so-hard-earned respect perhaps?
Prev 1 of 1 Next