Verizon Kills Unlimited Data Plan This Thursday, July 7th

Verizon Kills Unlimited Data Plan This Thursday, July 7th

catsrules - July 6, 2011 at 6:11pm
So why would any one pick the 2GB plan? Because if I get the 75mb for $10 then I use 2GB with the rate as $10 per GB it is still $30 but i get an extra 75megs. Plus if it was a slow month and I didn't use 2GB only 1GB then it is only $20, where as the 2GB plan is would still pay the full $30 Unless they throw in a overcharge fee or something.
NTAWASHA - July 6, 2011 at 10:36am
Guys look there is only one company left with truly unlimited data and that's sprint I use my iphone on AT&T and I got a letter in the mail saying that I was tethering and that I was in breach of contract I don't even know what that is so it truly is only a matter of time before the same thing happens to everyone else
Peter - July 5, 2011 at 8:29pm
Don't be so sure of AT&Ts guarantee. As of right now, I cannot upgrade one of my lines, an iPhone 3G w/ UL data, on Apple.com without choosing a new data plan for it. This is very irritating as I now have to go into an AT&T store and basically argue my way to what I'm entitled to.
Peter - July 5, 2011 at 9:20pm
I know and I did the same with 2 of my lines, both are iPhone 4 with unlimited data. I have two more lines that have yet to upgrade from iPhone 3G & 3GS, and recently when I tried to order an iPhone 4 to replace the 3G, I was presented with a data plan selection screen that was unskipable, and did not offer to keep my unlimited plan. I was not happy.
Mr.D - July 6, 2011 at 5:32am
@Peter Go to any AT&T store and you'll be able to upgrade and keep your unlimited data plan - no questions asked. Maybe it's the Apple's web-ordering system issue but you don't have to change to another data plan while performing equipment upgrade, unless you're switching from non-smartphone data plan.
Peter - July 6, 2011 at 6:32pm
I know, it's as easy as walking in and out of AT&T, I was just really peaved that the online ordering system has been intentionally modified in an attempt to trick users into abandoning their unlimited data.
Nir Hus - July 5, 2011 at 6:22pm