Despite rumors that Apple will release an 'iPhone 7 Pro' next month, a new report from Macotakara says that will not be the case. Rather, Apple will only release an 'iPhone 7' and 'iPhone 7 Plus'.
According to some reliable information source, New iPhone, which is descended from iPhone 6 series design will come under the name of ”iPhone 7" and "iPhone 7 Plus". It seems that the performance of the camera is much improved, the electrostatic capacitance home button and A10 chip are introduced and that 3.5mm headphone jack is not implemented any more. As the basic design would be fundamentally changed, it seems the number is going to be renewed.
This may line up with another report from Nikkei which says Apple made a last minute decision to kill off plans to release three different iPhone 7 models just months before launch.
It was previously suggested that the iPhone 7 Pro would be a dual-lens version of the iPhone 7 Plus. Now it appears the iPhone 7 Plus will get the dual-lens there will not be a higher end 'Pro' model for 2016.
Apple news, rumors, tutorials, price drop alerts, in your inbox every evening, free.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Success!
You have been subscribed.
Add Comment
Would you like to be notified when someone replies or adds a new comment?
Yes (All Threads)
Yes (This Thread Only)
No
Notifications
Would you like to be notified when we post a new Apple news article or tutorial?
Yes
No
Comments (2)
Comments are closed for this article.
0
matrixmaniac - August 18, 2016 at 2:30pm
Don't care. Won't buy. No headphone jack no buy.
0
gamerscul9870 - August 17, 2016 at 1:07pm
That explains why a model was dropped. Probably just a rumor all along. If there's one thing it tell us, it's that smart connector could be used unlike the way iPad used it.